Hidden!

Re: Conky Banshee Python Script

Quote Originally Posted by wimille View Post
    Hi,

I use banshee to play mp3.
    I don't understand the last part of your answer :
    'Having the same media file would be a good thing to test with...'

You want my music to perform some test?
    Well I have never seen this issue, it's not a problem with my mp3 or flac files. The script is not erroring either so it suggests the problem is with banshee or it's dbus service methods for some media files.

You could test the dbus side of things which is where I get the info for banshee from...

Install a tool called d-feet and use it to request the current position from banshee when you are playing the track, if it works then it's the script if not then it's banshee...like I said I haven't seen this problem before I can't understand why it is happening...if I can't reproduce it I can't fix it.

Hope that helps

Beans

Hi,
    sorry but i don't understand how to use d-feet. I launch it, i open 'system' and 'session' bus. And yes some lines contains banshee. But after that i don't know what i'll have to do

Beans
    Hidden!

Hi,
    sorry but i don't understand how to use d-feet. I launch it, i open 'system' and 'session' bus. And yes some lines contains banshee. But after that i don't know what i'll have to do
    Typically I am trying run it and can't because of python issues...otherwise I would take some screenshots.

I'll attempt to explain the steps:
    1. click on the banshee service in d-feet
    2. Expand out the node on the right hand tree which has a name matching "/org/bansheeproject/Banshee/PlayerEngine"
    3. You should see a function called GetPosition(), right click it and pick something like execute
    4. You should now see a dialog popup, with banshee running make a call to the function and see what the results are

I've had to do this blind without the application in front of me so there may be discrepancies but the basic principles are there

The GetPosition method is what I am calling from within the script to get the position which is always showing as zero for you.

Let me know if you are still stuck

Beans

Well, i've done what you wrote and i've got this :

No GetPosition function (i mean if i do the right things)

UPDATE:
    i've found a problem on Banshee. On my computer, i can't modify the position in the song when it's playing.

UPDATE 2 :
    i've deleted the last version (1.8.0), deactivate the ppa repository and reinstall the default version for Ubuntu Maverick (1.76). And now it's work.
    Last edited by wimille; October 27th, 2010 at 06:53 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

i've deleted the last version (1.8.0), deactivate the ppa repository and reinstall the default version for Ubuntu Maverick (1.76). And now it's work.
    The function in d-feet was Position...the code side of it is GetPosition for "get" the position, not that it matters now.

Glad to have been of help...like I said before the script works fine for everyone else so it had to be Banshee really didn't it

Beans

how do i get conky to show no image when not playing...?
    as it is now, i get half of the last played image...

Beans
    Hidden!

You're probably going to need to create a script which calls my script to figure out the status of the player and creates a file if playing...

Here's an attempt at a script (should work...):
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    status=`conkyBanshee --datatype=ST`
    if [ $status = Playing ]; then
      touch /tmp/banshee_playing
    else
      if [ -f /tmp/banshee_playing ]; then
        rm /tmp/banshee_playing
      fi
    fi
    The script will need executing via a exec call in the conkyrc file, i.e.
    Code:
    ${exec /path/to/script.sh
    Here's the if_existing conky help:
    Code:
    if_existing	file (string)	if FILE exists, display everything between if_existing and the matching $endif. The optional second paramater checks for FILE containing the specified string and prints everything between $if_existing and the matching $endif.
    So you would want something like:
    Code:
    ${if_existing "/tmp/banshee_playing"}
    ...do stuff when player is playing...
    $endif
    There may be a better solution using $if_matching...someone may jump in to help more...

Hope that helps

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

having a problem with the script in 10.10

installed from repos, all ok. But getting the following when testing it in terminal.

Code:
    david@WR-Desktop:~$ conkyBanshee --datatype=CA
    /usr/bin/conkyBanshee: 3: /usr/bin/python2: not found
    seems it's missing python, but i know for a fact it's installed and working as I've used it before. Ideas?

Beans
    Hidden!

UPDATE

Updates as follows:
    • Updated the /usr/bin/ script to dynamically call the available python exec as /usr/bin/python is linked to Python 3 (Arch) or will be at some point (Ubuntu)

Package changes can be seen here: https://launchpad.net/~conkyhardcore...source.changes

The apt packages should be available soon

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by whiterabbit7500 View Post
    having a problem with the script in 10.10

installed from repos, all ok. But getting the following when testing it in terminal.

Code:
    david@WR-Desktop:~$ conkyBanshee --datatype=CA
    /usr/bin/conkyBanshee: 3: /usr/bin/python2: not found
    seems it's missing python, but i know for a fact it's installed and working as I've used it before. Ideas?
    The latest update should sort out any issues...for info if you'd have looked at the previous update post (red update text) in this thread you would know what the issue was

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast