Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 145

Thread: Conky Banshee Python Script

  1. #111
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    52°38'41.6"N/1°19'43.6"E
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Conky Banshee Python Script

    Quote Originally Posted by Fedik View Post
    If write [--datatype=CA] in Banchee template I see /tmp/cover, but if ${image [--datatype=CA]} - nothing.

    Ok, thank you for help.
    I will use ${image /tmp/cover}
    No worries, I still think it will be something wrong in the template

    If you run the same command from your conkyrc in the console and get an image variable output with /tmp/cover inside it when using --datatype=CA in the template then it's not the script that's the issue it's the template

    Cheers

  2. #112
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    52°38'41.6"N/1°19'43.6"E
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Conky Banshee Python Script

    IMPORTANT NEWS

    All the script packages have now been copied into the Conky Companions PPA. Any package updates will be provided by the team through this new ppa. The ppa can be found here: https://launchpad.net/~conky-companions/+archive/ppa. To use this ppa first delete the old ppa files using this:

    Code:
    sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/m-buck* && sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/conkyhardcore*
    Then follow the modified first post instructions for the scripts

    Script updates will only be published through this new ppa going forwards

  3. #113
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Beans
    6

    Re: Conky Banshee Python Script

    Quote Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
    No worries, I still think it will be something wrong in the template

    If you run the same command from your conkyrc in the console and get an image variable output with /tmp/cover inside it when using --datatype=CA in the template then it's not the script that's the issue it's the template

    Cheers
    hi,
    I found the cause of the problem.
    this is because of comments in the Banchee template
    Full code (it not work):
    Code:
    #${GOTO 12}Назва:${GOTO 68}[--datatype=TI]
    #${GOTO 12}Артист:${GOTO 68}[--datatype=AR]
    #${GOTO 12}Альбом:${GOTO 68}[--datatype=AL]
    #${GOTO 12}Рік:${GOTO 68}[--datatype=YR]
    #${GOTO 12}Позиція:${GOTO 68}[--datatype=PT]/[--datatype=LE] - [--datatype=PP]%
    #${GOTO 12}Рейтинг:${GOTO 68}[--datatype=RT]
    #${GOTO 12}Volume:${GOTO 68}[--datatype=VO]
    #${GOTO 12}Статус:${GOTO 68}[--datatype=ST]
    #${GOTO 68}[--datatype=CA]
    ${GOTO 120}${font Ubuntu:bold:size=8}[--datatype=TI]${font}
    ${GOTO 120}${font Ubuntu:bold:size=8}[--datatype=AR]${font}
    ${GOTO 120}${font Ubuntu:bold:size=8}[--datatype=AL]${font}
    ${GOTO 120}${font Ubuntu:bold:size=8}[--datatype=YR]${font}
    ${GOTO 120}${font Ubuntu:size=8}[--datatype=ST] - [--datatype=PP]%${font} ${image [--datatype=CA] -p 8,38 -s 100x100 -n}
    And it work:
    Code:
    ${GOTO 120}${font Ubuntu:bold:size=8}[--datatype=TI]${font}
    ${GOTO 120}${font Ubuntu:bold:size=8}[--datatype=AR]${font}
    ${GOTO 120}${font Ubuntu:bold:size=8}[--datatype=AL]${font}
    ${GOTO 120}${font Ubuntu:bold:size=8}[--datatype=YR]${font}
    ${GOTO 120}${font Ubuntu:size=8}[--datatype=ST] - [--datatype=PP]%${font} ${image [--datatype=CA] -p 8,38 -s 100x100 -n}
    I thought this is not important ago in first post published the code without comments.

    Cheers and happy holidays

  4. #114
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SR11 Cockpit
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Conky Banshee Python Script

    Last edited by Sector11; April 8th, 2011 at 11:58 PM.

  5. #115
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Beans
    49

    Re: Conky Banshee Python Script

    How hard would it be to implement a playlist length and percentage done? I think this would be a cool addition.

  6. #116
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    52°38'41.6"N/1°19'43.6"E
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Conky Banshee Python Script

    Quote Originally Posted by jmadero View Post
    How hard would it be to implement a playlist length and percentage done? I think this would be a cool addition.
    Nice idea...but looking at the d-bus offerings there isn't anything that helps....the playerengine is track related and the only thing related to playlists is for enqueuing songs (see screenshot attached)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kaivalagi; April 29th, 2011 at 09:09 AM.

  7. #117
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Manipal, India
    Beans
    178
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: Conky Banshee Python Script

    I am using the following code for conkyBanshee and it is using up nearly 30% of my cpu. Please tell me how to fix this.
    Code:
    ${font Santana:size 12:style=Bold}Music${font}
    
    ${GOTO 70}${exec conkyBanshee --datatype=TI}
    ${GOTO 70}${exec conkyBanshee --datatype=AR}
    ${GOTO 70}${exec conkyBanshee --datatype=AL}
    ${GOTO 70}${exec conkyBanshee --datatype=YR}
    ${GOTO 70}${exec conkyBanshee --datatype=PT} / ${exec conkyBanshee --datatype=LE} - ${exec conkyBanshee --datatype=PP}% (${exec conkyBanshee --datatype=ST})${GOTO 500}${exec conkyBanshee --datatype=CA}
    ${execibar 1 conkyBanshee --datatype=PP}
    ${image /tmp/cover -p 0,35 -s 64x64}

  8. #118
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    52°38'41.6"N/1°19'43.6"E
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Conky Banshee Python Script

    Quote Originally Posted by ambdeep View Post
    I am using the following code for conkyBanshee and it is using up nearly 30% of my cpu. Please tell me how to fix this.
    Code:
    ${font Santana:size 12:style=Bold}Music${font}
    
    ${GOTO 70}${exec conkyBanshee --datatype=TI}
    ${GOTO 70}${exec conkyBanshee --datatype=AR}
    ${GOTO 70}${exec conkyBanshee --datatype=AL}
    ${GOTO 70}${exec conkyBanshee --datatype=YR}
    ${GOTO 70}${exec conkyBanshee --datatype=PT} / ${exec conkyBanshee --datatype=LE} - ${exec conkyBanshee --datatype=PP}% (${exec conkyBanshee --datatype=ST})${GOTO 500}${exec conkyBanshee --datatype=CA}
    ${execibar 1 conkyBanshee --datatype=PP}
    ${image /tmp/cover -p 0,35 -s 64x64}

    Use one exec call and a template to request all of that...

    so the call would be:
    Code:
    ${execp conkyBanshee --template=/path/to/template}
    the template would be something like:
    Code:
    ${font Santana:size 12:style=Bold}Music${font}
    
    ${GOTO 70}[--datatype=TI]
    ${GOTO 70}[--datatype=AR]
    ${GOTO 70}[--datatype=AL]
    ${GOTO 70}[--datatype=YR]
    ${GOTO 70}[--datatype=PT] / [--datatype=LE] - [--datatype=PP]% ([--datatype=ST])${GOTO 500}[--datatype=CA]
    ${execibar 1 [--datatype=PP]}
    ${image /tmp/cover -p 0,35 -s 64x64}
    Note sure of the execibar bit...you may need a seperate call for that...

    The example files here have a working template, see here: /usr/share/conkybanshee/example/
    You can run them using: conky -c /usr/share/conkybanshee/example/conkyrc
    Also see the first post for more info on the options/arguments of the script...
    Last edited by kaivalagi; May 11th, 2011 at 05:24 PM.

  9. #119
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Beans
    49

    Re: Conky Banshee Python Script

    How could I do a feature request to get these additional tools to add the playlist length/% addition? Thanks, I'm going to pursue this one a bit


    Also I'm using Banshee 2.0 in Natty and conkybanshee actually isn't working any more. I've read that I can install from source but I'd prefer not to, any idea when it'll be added to the ppa?

  10. #120
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    52°38'41.6"N/1°19'43.6"E
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Conky Banshee Python Script

    Quote Originally Posted by jmadero View Post
    How could I do a feature request to get these additional tools to add the playlist length/% addition? Thanks, I'm going to pursue this one a bit


    Also I'm using Banshee 2.0 in Natty and conkybanshee actually isn't working any more. I've read that I can install from source but I'd prefer not to, any idea when it'll be added to the ppa?
    conkyBanshee is built for Natty too but if not working something drastic has changed with the player, look at the d-bus methods available via a tool such as d-feet....I doubt I'll run Natty or Banshee for some time so you'd be best trying to fault find and report back...I use MPD (music player daemon), Sonata frontend (customised a little as it's python ) and mpdcron these days...all the other players are naff in comparison I think

    As for putting in a feature request for banshee changes I have no idea...try the banshee website but it might be best looking at what version 2 offers first...
    Last edited by kaivalagi; May 18th, 2011 at 08:14 PM.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •