Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Cups 1.2 or higher required ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Cups 1.2 or higher required ?

Here is the result that I got from running those.
    Code:
    joshua@joshua-laptop:~$ sudo getlibs /usr/local/lexmark/lxk08/bin/printdriver
    [sudo] password for joshua: 
    This application isn't missing any dependencies
    joshua@joshua-laptop:~$ sudo getlibs /usr/local/lexmark/lxk08/bin/prnutility
    joshua@joshua-laptop:~$ sudo getlibs /usr/local/lexmark/lxk08/bin/lxkusb
    joshua@joshua-laptop:~$ sudo getlibs /usr/local/lexmark/lxk08/bin/printdriver
    joshua@joshua-laptop:~$ sudo getlibs /usr/local/lexmark/lxk08/lib/liblxdphpec.so 
    No match for liblxdphpec.so
    No packages to install
    joshua@joshua-laptop:~$ 
    joshua@joshua-laptop:~$ sudo getlibs /usr/local/lexmark/lxk08/lib/libsane-Lexmarklxdn.so.1.0.18
    No match for libsane-Lexmarklxdn.so.1.0.18
    No packages to install
    joshua@joshua-laptop:~$ sudo getlibs /usr/local/lexmark/lxk08/lib/liblxdnhpeh.soNo match for liblxdnhpeh.so
    No packages to install
    joshua@joshua-laptop:~$ sudo getlibs /usr/local/lexmark/lxk08/lib/liblxdphpeh.soNo match for liblxdphpeh.so
    No packages to install
    joshua@joshua-laptop:~$ sudo getlibs /usr/local/lexmark/lxk08/lib/libnpa407.so
    No match for libnpa407.so
    No packages to install
    joshua@joshua-laptop:~$ sudo getlibs /usr/local/lexmark/lxk08/lib/libprinterdictionary.so
    No match for libprinterdictionary.so
    No packages to install
    joshua@joshua-laptop:~$ sudo getlibs /usr/local/lexmark/lxk08/lib/liblxdnhpec.soNo match for liblxdnhpec.so
    No packages to install
    joshua@joshua-laptop:~$ sudo getlibs /usr/local/lexmark/lxk08/lib/libusblp.so
    No match for libusblp.so
    No packages to install
    joshua@joshua-laptop:~$ sudo getlibs /usr/local/lexmark/lxk08/lib/liblxdnflib.soNo match for liblxdnflib.so
    No packages to install
    joshua@joshua-laptop:~$ sudo getlibs /usr/local/lexmark/lxk08/lib/liblxdphpep.soNo match for liblxdphpep.so
    No packages to install
    joshua@joshua-laptop:~$ sudo getlibs /usr/local/lexmark/lxk08/lib/libuiocmd.so
    No match for libuiocmd.so
    No packages to install
    joshua@joshua-laptop:~$ sudo getlibs /usr/local/lexmark/lxk08/lib/libhdctransport.so
    No match for libhdctransport.so
    No packages to install
    joshua@joshua-laptop:~$ sudo getlibs /usr/local/lexmark/lxk08/lib/libprintengine.so
    No match for libprintengine.so
    No packages to install
    joshua@joshua-laptop:~$ sudo getlibs /usr/local/lexmark/lxk08/lib/libuiocli.so
    No match for libuiocli.so
    No packages to install
    joshua@joshua-laptop:~$ sudo getlibs /usr/local/lexmark/lxk08/lib/libCS_ScanCorrect.so
    No match for libCS_ScanCorrect.so
    No packages to install
    joshua@joshua-laptop:~$ sudo getlibs /usr/local/lexmark/lxk08/lib/liblxdpflib.soNo match for liblxdpflib.so
    No packages to install
    joshua@joshua-laptop:~$ sudo getlibs /usr/local/lexmark/lxk08/lib/liblxkscan.so
    No match for liblxkscan.so
    No packages to install

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Can you run this and post the output:
    Code:
    /usr/local/lexmark/lxk08/bin/printdriver

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Code:
    joshua@joshua-laptop:~$ /usr/local/lexmark/lxk08/bin/printdriver
    Usage: /usr/local/lexmark/lxk08/bin/printdriver job-id user title copies options [file]

Beans
    Distro

For some reason the driver is failing and I can't pinpoint the source of the problem

Maybe it would be easier if you installed the x86 32-bit version of 10.04 instead.
    You won't have the advantages of 64-bit, but it is easier to get things working in 32-bit Ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Yeah, I had actually considered that, but that means I'd have to download it all over again. I have a slow connection, it took me 6.5 hours to download this one. I may just have to buy a linux friendly printer.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Trying to reinstall the damn driver after the natty upgrade. Here is what happens:

Code:
    sudo ./startupinstaller.sh 
    Collecting info for this system...
    Operating system: linux
    CPU Arch: x86
    ./startupinstaller.sh: 169: /home/afrodeity/Software/Lexmark: Permission denied
    Error: Couldn't find any suitable frontend for your system
    Code:
    sudo sh startupinstaller.sh 
    Collecting info for this system...
    Operating system: linux
    CPU Arch: x86
    startupinstaller.sh: 169: /home/afrodeity/Software/Lexmark: Permission denied
    Unsupported patch version!
    chmod: cannot access `bin/linux/x86/libc.so.6/libstdc++.so.5/gtk': No such file or directory
    ldd: bin/linux/x86/libc.so.6/libstdc++.so.5/gtk: No such file or directory
    chmod: cannot access `bin/linux/x86/libc.so.6/libstdc++.so.5/fltk': No such file or directory
    ldd: bin/linux/x86/libc.so.6/libstdc++.so.5/fltk: No such file or directory
    chmod: cannot access `bin/linux/x86/libc.so.6/libstdc++.so.5/ncurs': No such file or directory
    ldd: bin/linux/x86/libc.so.6/libstdc++.so.5/ncurs: No such file or directory
    Error: Couldn't find any suitable frontend for your system

Beans
    Distro

Hi afrodeity, have you had any luck installing the driver directly from the .deb (as explained in post 28). It's working perfectly for me on 32 bit Natty.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by nathan726 View Post
    Hi afrodeity, have you had any luck installing the driver directly from the .deb (as explained in post 28). It's working perfectly for me on 32 bit Natty.
    Why, yes, posting 28 is the solution, thanks. I also had to replace the nonrefillable cartridge, now the thing is having problems loading paper, I won't be buying Lexmark products ever again.

Beans

Exclamation Re: Cups 1.2 or higher required ?

Lexmark sucks printer goes in trash tonight. I am running Natty 64 and tried all the fixes in this forum. Still nothing. So I will be looking for a new printer on other forums that actually works on ubuntu.

Beans

I agree with the trash can. I have the x2600 series printer too and gave up on the 64bit version. Lexmark is no help and assures the 32bit driver to work. I have great confidence since their support staff hardly knows what the word "Linux" means.

My solution was that I also have a Fedora 32bit machine working. The printer/scanner functions work great on a 32bit platform(operated from that machine, NOT shared). Other than that, I also have an HP printer that does a great job and is fully supported 32 OR 64 bit. It shares easily over the network to any other computer too.

HP, with their great Linux support, is the way to go in my opinion.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345