Thread: flash + adultswim = ?

Beans

Question flash + adultswim = ?

Using Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.12) Gecko/2009070811 Ubuntu/9.04 (jaunty) Firefox/3.0.12 + Flash 10,0,22,87 from the repos.

When I play a video like this episode and then go to fullscreen, it flashes.

any idea on how to correct this? I am not using compiz or any desktop effects (if that makes any difference). anyone else having this problem?

thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Re: flash + adultswim = ?

Moved to Multimedia & Video
    What makes a great open source contributor is not primarily the brilliance of their ideas or importance of their bug, but rather their willingness to see it through to success.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Works for me. You can try my method of installing flash if you want. Go to synaptic and completely remove flash. Then go here and download the tar.gz flash file. Right click it and "extract here". Go into the folder and copy the libflashplayer.so file. Then go to your home folder and do ctrl-h to show your hidden folders. Open your .mozilla folder and create a new folder and name it plugins. Paste the libflashplayer.so file into the plugins folder. Restart firefox if open.

Beans

Same issue...manually adding the latest flash plugin didn't help. Only 512 ram, p4 ati 9600.

Screen flickers blue with just the web page background.

Any other ideas?
    Last edited by kokoshka; September 11th, 2009 at 02:27 AM. Reason: thought of a good detail to add

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by kokoshka View Post
    Same issue...manually adding the latest flash plugin didn't help. Only 512 ram, p4 ati 9600.

Screen flickers blue with just the web page background.

Any other ideas?
    This is a flash (on Adobe's side) issue. I have the same problem when viewing the videos in full screen. A lot of people open up adultswim and only view a video to see that it works, but never in full screen. This problem happens everywhere the new flash is installed (didn't occur with the nspluginwrapper, but this is a waaay better alternative).

It will just have to wait until the bugs get worked out.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

What fixed the adultswim flashing videos for me was to check the flash option:
    "Allow third-party Flash content to store data on your computer."
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager03.html
    p.s. yes that is the actual "Global Storage Settings panel" and not just a picture of it.
    Last edited by BryanFRitt; April 13th, 2011 at 05:04 AM. Reason: replaced the word 'All' with 'Allow' in quote
    One of my most wanted bugs [in K/Ubuntu, ...] I'd like fixed is that
    GNOME save as / open dialogs don't have a way to copy paths to the clipboard.
    p.s.
    Recovery console should be renamed performance gaming console