Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: A non-traditional question to women ...

Beans

Re: A non-traditional question to women ...

I've got a lesbian friend with a. jolie as desktop picture (me being her tech help: never saw the computers of other friends except one, who had no pic on desktop, strangely now that I think about that -me not seeing friends' computers). I don't think the objectification argument holds true for women as the subjects, but not the targets of objectification.

I (male) have pic of my dog (see my avatar), my girlfriend has another pic of my dog as desktop. I would try spongebob, but my dog is crazy and would most probably bite me out of anger. my girlfriend was considering a sea pic I took, but then got afraid of the crazy dog and dropped the idea...

I appreciate Syntax13's post.
    Last edited by towsonu2003; February 18th, 2006 at 06:06 AM.

Beans

I've met guys like that, but I don't associate with them.
    So, they exist, but really I think they're probably a lonely bunch.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Sorry for my bad post, but one thing you have to understand is that stereotypes happen for a reason.

If you ask most people about russian people, then they will mention something about vodka or ballet or rockets. Why? Because russian people do like to drink vodka and that ballet is good in russia (and rockets) are even sung by (were sung ...) by russian singers. Stereotypes are not 100% true, theya ren't even 90% or 80% true. For them to be "true," they need to happen over 50% to hold any value.

Back from my rant, I find that after many people look through libraries of wallpapers, they tend to settle on some kind of a 3D art type thing (shiny spheres or someother).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonbite
    Whoops, I'm wrong. I do have girls on my wallpaper but they are artistically created models I grabbed from DeviantArt which has some awesome arwork and photographs.

I made sure my chosen wallpapers were fairly similar (on the dark (colored) side) so that everything else could be complimentary (and torsmo can be seen with non-black text, my terminal with semi-transparent background, etc.). This isn't much of an issue when I use Xfce.

In Xfce, I've removed ALL of the panels so the screen is 100% clear until I start opening windows (main menu available via right-click, and list of screens and open files available via middle-click).
    Yeah, you can find a nice stuff on DeviantArt. I'm also using Xfce with auto-hide for everything (when I choose nice pic I want to see it) and mostly dark motives so characters in the transparent terminal can be easily read.

I'm using a lot of girls for wallpapers but not model-like "heroin chics", rather some artistic stuff (usualy some goth/dark/weirdo kind but also without any girls), sometimes comics/anime characters (guns including - Noir, Henrietta the Gunslinger girl), I used to have my ex-girls pic on the screen (but we were together then). Otherwise I like graveyard still lifes, apocalyptic scenes, Linux themes, whatever. I don't use cars at all (though if someone sneakes to my comp and sets esthetically fitting veteran car, I wouldn't mind), I like guns and weapons generally but don't have them as wallpapers.
    My ex used to have set of changing pics - homesick themes (Seattle, landscape around her home - east of Washington state, family). Mom uses tropical island at work. My roommate used Giger's and Beksiński's paintings, great stuff.
    Uff, such a long post, been talking too much, heh.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I've never liked the idea of "hot" ladies as wallpaper, nor guns. I've nothing against cars but I find them qiute boring as wallpaper.

Right now I have the same picture as my avatar as background. My wife has a picture from our wedding right now and before that she had a picture of Karl Marx.
    Hackers of the world, unite!

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

I have a horizontal light-blue to dark-blue gradient on my desktop... so what gender does that make me?
    Blue!

LOL

Beans

I've got rolling hills

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Gustav
    she had a picture of Karl Marx.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dickohead
    (Aussies right now will either be shaking their heads in disgust or smiling at how ridiculous our 'culture' is), now a typical bloke name is Barry (Bazza), and a typical sheila name is Sharron (Shazza). Now Bazza and Shazza have one thing in common - they like each other, who cares why. But Bazza also likes cars, football and camping with his mates, so his background would be him and his mates kicking a footy while on holiday (sheila's at home). Meanwhile Shazza's background would either be of Bazza's muscly body (complete with beer gut), her and her friends getting pissed, or of their dog Bluey.
    I hear you mate, though don't forget that while the "normal" Aussie ends with "-azza", all our idols end in "-nsey" (Barnsey, Farnsey, etc)

When it comes to backgrounds, I haven't seen too much difference in male/female backgrounds. Funny pictures, the family pet, Anime/manga, people they find attractive, bands.

Infact, more girls I know would have they typical male backgrounds (cars, scantilly clad people, sports, etc) then the males.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

At work I have a plain but pretty blue wallpaper (even though I'm running Windows). At home I have either a plain wallpaper (I never look at my desktop since I'm using the computer...with windows all over it), a picture of a nice car/my bf's supra, a pretty landscape, or a picture from my own camera (hi res).

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast