Thread: Adobe Flash 10-Firefox 3.0

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Adobe Flash 10-Firefox 3.0

Im having trouble upgrading to adobe flash 10. i downloaded the .deb from adobe and it says it installed successfully. Now if i type aboutlugins into the address bar it says that my default flash player is shockwave 9.0 r159.

Shockwave Flash

File name: libflashplayer.so
    Shockwave Flash 9.0 r159

Beans

Re: Adobe Flash 10-Firefox 3.0

The following is assuming that you are using a 32 bit version of Ubuntu. (Adobe does not have a 64 bit version of flash available on their site). If the former is true then you need to go into Synaptic Package Manager and search for Adobe-flashplugin. Right click on that file and mark it for complete removal. When it has finished go to http://www.adobe.com/go/getflash and select the package for your system (if you are using Ubuntu, that would usually be the .deb package). I would recommend installing instead of saving as Gdebi does a very good job and is fast. You do also have the option to save the file but installation is not as easy ( usually has to be done through terminal).

Disclaimer....make sure of what system you have before trying any of this. If you have a 64 bit pc and Ubuntu 64 bit version then none of this may apply.

Alan

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Adobe Flash 10-Firefox 3.0

Heve u seen this thread? Try to search a little bit before post =P

Sysc, A
    Every morning you have two choices:
    Continue your sleep with dreaming
    or wake up and chase your dreams
    CHOICE IS YOURS.