hey guys.

So i came accross a project i was interested in but i suck too much at JS and programming to be able to do it and so i thought i might pass this idea onto someone who is looking to do a new project in their free time.

ok so here is the idea. in irc you often see a lot of people using scripts to display their currently playing song and the only way for people using chatzilla or on linux is to copy and paste the song tags or write it our our selfs so once i found out about chatzilla plug ins i had a look and found there were no scripts that would display the current song and information about it.

so this is the project, Create a chatzilla plug in that gets the information on the song currently being played. it'd be nice if we were able to change the message that is displayed and customise it a bit.

you can support any music player that you wish except i'd like it to support amarok 1.4

information on scripting for chatzilla is Here. A sample plug in script to help you start off and have basic function that will work with chatzilla is here.

since you guys are the ones writing the script feel free to take all credit for it

so theres my idea for anyone that feels like doing something. good luck if you decide to have a go at it