Thread: Where's the k3b HOWTO?

Beans

Where's the k3b HOWTO?

It used to be found on ubuntulinux.org wiki, but now the only one I can find is in italian? I can't find one on the forum either?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: Where's the k3b HOWTO?

What do want to know?

This is how I did it.
    Setup the reportsitories (here's a howto http://ubuntuguide.org/index.html )
    then select k3b and cdrdao packages and install them
    open the terminal and write:

sudo k3b

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Artificial Intelligence

sudo k3b

That's a no-no. Run gksudo k3b. Otherwise, you may break your ICEAuthority. Try rm -f /home/user/.ICEauthority if X refuses to start.
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxradar
    Linux's audio architecture is more like the layers of the Earth's crust than the network model, with lower levels occasionally erupting on to the surface, causing confusion and distress, and upper layers moving to displace the underlying technology that was originally hidden

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

oops

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jdong
    That's a no-no. Run gksudo k3b. Otherwise, you may break your ICEAuthority. Try rm -f /home/user/.ICEauthority if X refuses to start.
    Thanks guys, I'll try it...

Beans

That's cool and all but you guys didn't answer his question, what happened to the how-to in the WIKI?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by jdong
    I've had that problem. What happened, and what did I do wrong? I went crazy and had to reinstall Ubuntu. (Newbie here...)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Strid
    I've had that problem. What happened, and what did I do wrong? I went crazy and had to reinstall Ubuntu. (Newbie here...)
    I've had the same problem myself a couple of times; you don't have to reinstall Ubuntu to fix it. As the man said, it's caused by K3b changing the permissions of the .ICEauthority file. If X refuses to boot, just open a terminal and delete the file. It's one of those problems which seems catastrophic, but in fact is caused by a small error, and can be fixed very easily.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by watchitman
    That's cool and all but you guys didn't answer his question, what happened to the how-to in the WIKI?
    Here, I made one:

http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/K3BHowto

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Quote Originally Posted by Potemkin
    I've had the same problem myself a couple of times; you don't have to reinstall Ubuntu to fix it. As the man said, it's caused by K3b changing the permissions of the .ICEauthority file. If X refuses to boot, just open a terminal and delete the file. It's one of those problems which seems catastrophic, but in fact is caused by a small error, and can be fixed very easily.
    Or, you can do $sudo chown username /home/username/.ICEauthority which involves less deleting...

It greatly confused me the first time it happened, too. For the record, I still haven't gotten my k3b to work...mostly because I've been too lazy to fiddle with SCSI emulation and such...