Quote Originally Posted by /usr/sbin View Post
Thank you for your help so far. I hate to disturb you so i will try to figure this one out on my own then post what i have found out later/tomorrow.
You weren`t disturbing me. Like I said I like to help, it`s just I`ve greater responsibilities than UF (jeeze they can be hard work, but I love `em to bits - I mean the kids not Ubuntu Forums).

It`s not the done thing here to recommend a fresh install. Most problems, even yours will have a simple solution. The hard part is usually finding the solution. However, if you have a relatively new install that is completely borked, as yours seems to be (and you have no important data or config that would be difficult to replicate), then it can be the better option. Hopefully though, you`ve learned a little bit in the process.

I have a broken acer aspire one that I picked up for free that I use for two purposes. Watching tv/movies in bed, but more than that, breaking it so that I can try to fix it. I only mention this because you seem to have an interest in diagnosing and fixing a problem. It`s the best way to learn linux in my opinion.

You can see it here in all it`s glory.

Happy `buntuing