Thread: Anyone seeing system crashes from Flash9 w/Firefox?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Solved (sorta) Anyone seeing system crashes from Flash9 w/Firefox?

It's juvenile, I know, but kinda fun too...

I play SuperPoke! Pets, which uses Flash.

My system locks up, mostly predictably, when I open three or more tabs in Firefox 3.0.11 of SuperPoke! Pets pages. (The actual users pet pages, not forum pages and the like.)

The obvious, and very lame, solution is to simply not open multiple tabs of that site.

Flash Player: "You have version 9,0,159,0 installed"

Since Flash 10 is still causing a lot of problems for other users, I am not in a hurry to compound this issue with a version that hasn't had the bugs worked out.

Anyway, like the title asks...

Anyone else having this problem? Or is my system just 'special' that way? lol
    Last edited by HousieMousie2; July 20th, 2009 at 12:11 AM.
    "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - That principle is contempt prior to investigation."
    Herbert Spencer

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Anyone seeing system crashes from Flash9 w/Firefox?

try Flash 10, if it doesn't work too well you can go back to flash 9. I had major pains with f9 but after installing f10 they went away.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Well... here goes.

Flash 10 is installed, only time will tell if it fixes the crash problem (without creating new problems).

So far so good... lol I can still over do it with just a few tabs, but at least now it is just locking up Firefox and not my whole machine.

Thanks for vouching for Flash 10 and the suggestion, Vaphell. (I miss the old thanking system and the old Thread Tools.)
    Last edited by HousieMousie2; July 20th, 2009 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Solution tested.
    "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - That principle is contempt prior to investigation."
    Herbert Spencer

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

lol I spoke WAY to soon, btw. I have been busy trying to sort out a racing issue at boot and had not gotten around to coming back to post about it.

Flash 10 is wiping out my system and sometimes badly enough that it wipes itself out... and has to be reinstalled before I can load flash objects again.
    Herbert Spencer