View Poll Results: Would you be interested in such a package?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and I use Firefox on Kubuntu.

22 47.83%
  • Yes, and I do not use Firefox on Kubuntu.

1 2.17%
  • No, and I use Firefox on Kubuntu.

2 4.35%
  • No, and I do not use Firefox on Kubuntu.

3 6.52%
  • I don't use Kubuntu at all

18 39.13%

Thread: Firefox-kde-support.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Lightbulb Firefox-kde-support.

I love Ubuntu but sometimes using Kubuntu is like hammering a rusty nail in my foot. Before reading further: THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT THE SUPERIORITY OF ANY DESKTOP ENVIRONMENT.

There needs to be better integration of Firefox in kubuntu. Konqueror is great, but Firefox tends to win with its massive arsenal of addons.

The problem is that making Firefox integrated into kde is trivial. Change the theme, change the file selector; change the applications for the different file types that Firefox encounters. All this has to be done manually. And removing these changes is even more tedious.

Is there a way we can build a community package that does all these things automatically, much like the firefox-gnome-support package? Would anybody else be interested in such a package? How would we go about making this? I dont know anything, anything, about packaging but I am willing to learn.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Firefox-kde-support.

I voted "No, and I use Firefox on Kubuntu" (even though it's Arch + KDEmod). Why, you ask? It's a one-time configuration. After 2 minutes I'm done and I don't have to mess with it anymore. Not a big problem for me.
    arch 2008.06
    Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 | Asus Maximus II Formula | EVGA 8800GT Superclocked | 4GB G.Skill DDR2-1000 | Zalman ZM600-HP

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

looks like a magical person added an option to the poll.

.Maleficus.: I dont suppose you DE hop like crazy?

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Islington View Post
    looks like a magical person added an option to the poll.

.Maleficus.: I dont suppose you DE hop like crazy?
    I used to, but I've found a pretty good combination of KDE and Dwm now. Dwm is great for being fast and productive, KDE is great for when I feel like using my mouse .
    arch 2008.06
    Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 | Asus Maximus II Formula | EVGA 8800GT Superclocked | 4GB G.Skill DDR2-1000 | Zalman ZM600-HP

Beans

i just started using kde and kubuntu and firefox, and really firefox works the same in either gnome or kde. I guess I'm more worried about functionality rather than looks I mean, a cool kde theme would be nice just for integration to the rest of the framework.

What's a C:/ drive?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

kmozillahelper
    Integration of Mozilla applications with KDE
    ubuntu 10.4 x64
    a linux newbie