Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 904 updates the same xulrunner-1.9.1 files everyday

Beans

Re: 904 updates the same xulrunner-1.9.1 files everyday

So it will not cause me to miss some thing important now that i have taken that one out?
    well, i am sure its not surprise to you that today, one day later, i have not received any sort of update for this RUNNER thing.
    I'll post back in a couple days if its still holding strong.

FWJ

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by forestwalkerjoe View Post
    So it will not cause me to miss some thing important now that i have taken that one out?
    If you delete only the ubuntu-mozilla-daily, then no. You won't miss anything.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I've had the same problem, have made the fix suggested, and now xulrunner doesn't want to update anymore.

But I'm worried that I've got a daily version of xulrunner still installed, which may well be buggy compared to the last stable release. How do I downgrade to the last stable release?

Thanks
    No man earns punishment, no man earns reward. Free your mind of the idea of deserving, the idea of earning, and you will begin to be able to think.
    Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed.
    Member of BOINC Team Ubuntu, spare cpu cycles benefitting humanity.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    I've had the same problem, have made the fix suggested, and now xulrunner doesn't want to update anymore.

But I'm worried that I've got a daily version of xulrunner still installed, which may well be buggy compared to the last stable release. How do I downgrade to the last stable release?

Thanks
    Code:
    sudo apt-get remove firefox-3.5
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade
    sudo apt-get install firefox-3.5

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Thanks, that seems to have done it.
    No man earns punishment, no man earns reward. Free your mind of the idea of deserving, the idea of earning, and you will begin to be able to think.
    Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed.
    Member of BOINC Team Ubuntu, spare cpu cycles benefitting humanity.

Beans

yeah.. so, i am finally able to get back with you.. the removal of that DAILY update thing.. did the trick.. i have a had some other types of updates now.. and once in a while one of those is the XULRUNNER.. but they seem valid and not glitchy.
    I have run into another type of problem.. however.
    Since i put the version 3.5 of Firefox in my system.. i have noticed that some times when i click in a web page.. the screen will turn Grey.. seem to freeze for about 15 to 20 seconds.. and then finally let loose again. I do like the version 3.5 quite a bit.. with that one serious glitch. If any one else has had similar experience.. please let me know what you have done as a solve?
    FWJ

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by forestwalkerjoe View Post
    yeah.. so, i am finally able to get back with you.. the removal of that DAILY update thing.. did the trick.. i have a had some other types of updates now.. and once in a while one of those is the XULRUNNER.. but they seem valid and not glitchy.
    I have run into another type of problem.. however.
    Since i put the version 3.5 of Firefox in my system.. i have noticed that some times when i click in a web page.. the screen will turn Grey.. seem to freeze for about 15 to 20 seconds.. and then finally let loose again. I do like the version 3.5 quite a bit.. with that one serious glitch. If any one else has had similar experience.. please let me know what you have done as a solve?
    FWJ
    See Solution [FOT010] from the Troubleshooting section of the Firefox optimization and troubleshooting thread.

Beans

forestwalkerjoe Trying to upgrade to 10:04

I am very Tired.. laid off for a long time.. for those of you who knew me.. i was obsessive
    I am trying to find my own forum page.. i cant not focus long enough to even find the Forums itself. please send me links to Seerson @ gmail com I am now recently connected Via a very slim WIFI connection. it works but its giving me a hard time on the barest minumum for the Updates i have NOT gotten.. i can not seem to figure out how to change any thing.. as i have not been using this system for much of any thing.. i believe i must have shut off the AUTO download of Updates and a bunch of other FUN things..
    Please help me out.. it is taken me hours to even FIND the pages here.. and now i just cant find where i am supposed to be.. I MAY need a bunch more help.. thanks FANS

Forestwalkerjoe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12