Thread: Wine for Neverwinter Nights 1

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Exclamation Wine for Neverwinter Nights 1

How do I set up wine to run the first Neverwinter Nights? I know I have the requirements needed to play the game as I used to play it when my laptop was running vista. When I tried using VirtualBox to run it, the software didn't recognise my graphics card (it's not a great graphics card but it should still work). I downloaded the new patch for wine I just don't know how to install it or use wine. Can someone help me please!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Wine for Neverwinter Nights 1

According to the Shub-Internet, BioWare developed a native Linux client for Neverwinter Nights. Apparently it's freely downloadable for anyone who purchased the game. You should look into this instead, as it's likely to give you a better gaming experience.

Otherwise, the latest version of Wine from the Wine repositories is likely to work very well with NWN (1.1.23 is marked Platinum compatibility for the patched version of NWN). Just follow the instructions on the Wine website on how to enable their repository for Ubuntu and update Wine through the package manager.
    This is the first age that's paid much attention to the future, which is a little ironic since we may not have one.
    -- Arthur C. Clarke

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

The walkthroughs on how to get the native linux client are very poorly written imho. I have yet to figure it out, I normally just use Play On Linux to install Neverwinter Nights with Wine, it's the easiest.

But if your up for a challenge you can always have a look here at the Loki installer for NWN.

Also try this

Good Luck!

OS: Kubuntu 12.04 LTS|| CPU: AMD Athlon 64x2 || RAM: 3GB DDR2(PC-6400) || Display: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT 1024mb

Beans

How exactly do you use the loki installers.

If you have all three exspansions do you install all the game discs then the updates or install each game and update or what?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

It's been a while since I tried it, but you might want to have a look at their forums I do remember the loki installers had a forum.

OS: Kubuntu 12.04 LTS|| CPU: AMD Athlon 64x2 || RAM: 3GB DDR2(PC-6400) || Display: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT 1024mb

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

I have played NWN 1 on Linux for years.
    I don't remember having any troubles installing the Linux version.
    Found checklist on Bioware forum - followed the instructions and that was that. Can't remember any details though - too long ago.

There were no issues. Patching worked fine. I even played via internet with friends who used windows versions.

Just fired it up again - still works flawlessly.

NWN 2 was a big disappointment though.
    Asus G75 - 2.3GHz - NVidia 660M - Atheros AR9485 - 8 GB RAM - Ubuntu 14.04
    Asus F201E - 1.1 GHz - Intel - 2 GB RAM - Ubuntu - 14.04
    Asus F201E - 1.1 GHz - Intel - 4 GB RAM - Ubuntu - 14.10