Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A couple questions

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

A couple questions

Alright, so i've been trying to get a music player that can shuffle my music forever, i have movie player which works PERFECT, but i want one that minimizes to my tray, similar to amarok.... The problem is amarok crashes on me and says my playlist has errors... I don't understand how when it plays perfect in movie player? It also keeps saying i have WMA files when i don't have any (I imported my media from my documents)

Second question:

A program crashed on me and now i can't right click or drag my mouse across the desktop to get that blue thing (i don't know how to better explain this )

Also, when i first installed Ubuntu, i got a couple errors, they went be to fast to see what they were but it seems to work fine... is there a way to check if my OS has any problems?

Third question:
    I noticed there is two ubuntu start ups in my loader things, i'm guessing its a back up or something? is there a way to remove this?

Forth:
    I want to use rhymebox as my media player but, it as well crashes when i use it... and the shuffle option don't work at all!

Sorry for all the questions

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: A couple questions

You could try installing Audacious, which is very similar to Winamp. You can run shuffle and repeat modes simultaneously.

Not quite sure what to say about "the blue thing" hehe. I can't say I've seen anything like that. I guess my first question would be, what kind of video card do you have? hehe.

Yes, ubuntu, by default comes with a "recovery mode" which is nice and user friendly. (although, for the sake of standards across linux distributions, I don't like the menu it boots to personally)

I do not recommend removing this, because it absolutely can save you from re-imaging your machine someday..

However, here are some instructions on how to modify your boot menu's. Proceed with care.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/ubunt...fter-upgrades/
    "Its easy to come up with new ideas, the hard part is letting go of what worked for you two years ago, but will soon be out of date." -Roger von Oech

Beans
    Distro

The blue thing, you know when you click and drag across the screen and it shows up a blue screen thing, i haven't a clue how to explain it. I just can't right click or left click my desktop right now.

I used audacious before, it seemed really low to me

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Gusx1 View Post
    Alright, so i've been trying to get a music player that can shuffle my music forever, i have movie player which works PERFECT, but i want one that minimizes to my tray, similar to amarok.... The problem is amarok crashes on me and says my playlist has errors... I don't understand how when it plays perfect in movie player? It also keeps saying i have WMA files when i don't have any (I imported my media from my documents)
    There are tons of music players to try - banshee, mplayer, exaile, songbird and more

Second question:

A program crashed on me and now i can't right click or drag my mouse across the desktop to get that blue thing (i don't know how to better explain this )
    I have no idea what you mean

Also, when i first installed Ubuntu, i got a couple errors, they went be to fast to see what they were but it seems to work fine... is there a way to check if my OS has any problems?
    What were the errors?

Third question:
    I noticed there is two ubuntu start ups in my loader things, i'm guessing its a back up or something? is there a way to remove this?
    From what you`re saying it is either the recovery mode or a previous kernel. Keep them, you may need them.
    Forth:
    I want to use rhymebox as my media player but, it as well crashes when i use it... and the shuffle option don't work at all!

Sorry for all the questions
    See first answer

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Low as in volume or low as in features? Volume can be controlled, and it does have a ton of plugins, but its not a "music manager" like amarok or rhythm box. It is however, a very good and stable player. I am an amarok user for music management, but not 2.0... I am still using Amarok 1.4, and it works great. Amarok 1.4 is no longer into the repos, but if you do some searches in the Community Cafe portion of the forums, there are some threads with links to a repository with 1.4.

You could always try uninstalling 2.0 and run 1.4. I find 1.4 much better still than 2.0
    "Its easy to come up with new ideas, the hard part is letting go of what worked for you two years ago, but will soon be out of date." -Roger von Oech

Beans
    Distro

I'm using audacious, it has a tray icon feature and it seems great, thanks for that.

I'm still having this issue though. Go to your desktop, and click and drag, you will see what i mean... The select option it turns blue and lets you select your desktop as well as right click it.. Currently i can do neither of that. A program crashed and it did that (You can tell i'm a windows user haha, it's a beige color on ubuntu)

Hopefully that explains it better?

As for the errors, i don't know.. I'm dual booting and it just showed a ton of the same errors, i couldn't catch a single one of them to know what they are.. Both of my systems seem to be running fine though? And that error shows everytime i install a Ubuntu system for some odd reason.
    Last edited by Gusx1; July 16th, 2009 at 08:45 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

There is a nice little program you can install called AllTray that will allow you to minimize anything to your system tray. I use it all the time. It is in the repositories.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

do you mean the selection box?
    Touch Not The Cat

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Rythmbox is my favourite. I've tried others, Amorak, Audacious, VLC, and none of them have been as easy an effective as Rythmbox. The only thing I dislike about it is the lack of a graphic equalizer, but I deal. Try that, if you havent already.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I'm using audacious, it has a tray icon feature and it seems great, thanks for that.

I'm still having this issue though. Go to your desktop, and click and drag, you will see what i mean... The select option it turns blue and lets you select your desktop as well as right click it.. Currently i can do neither of that. A program crashed and it did that (You can tell i'm a windows user haha, it's a beige color on ubuntu)

Hopefully that explains it better?

As for the errors, i don't know.. I'm dual booting and it just showed a ton of the same errors, i couldn't catch a single one of them to know what they are.. Both of my systems seem to be running fine though? And that error shows everytime i install a Ubuntu system for some odd reason.
    I've had tht problem a few times. Also for me notihng will show up on it (icons, stuff like that), though I can stil access it as a folder through the menu. To fix it, I just log out and log back in and it works fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast