Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trying to reinstall ubuntu

Beans

Trying to reinstall ubuntu

I have the cd. Im using a dell mini with a portable cd drive. I chose cd/dvd as the first option to boot from, but when it starts up, nothing happens. i see the cd but thats about it. i open the cd and i see some files, but none of them install the app. same thing happened when i tried to installs windows, i burned the iso to a cd, chose to boot from cd, pc goes to home screen and thats it. can someone help me please.
    Last edited by TimEnid; July 16th, 2009 at 05:15 AM.

Beans

Re: Trying to reinstall ubuntu

ok, so i finally see the "install ubuntu" screen, after i type in proceed, i see "xxx.img.................ready" but then thats it. now the cursor is just blinking in the corner. Any ideas people?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

you have to be more precise with describing your configuration and version of Ubuntu becouse it's the way to get help more quickly
    good luck with Ubuntu

Beans

Thanks. im running ubuntu 8.04. I dont think i can provide anymore information, as the mini will not start up. Everytime i power it on, i see request to run tests. I run the tests and nothing happens. It wont boot up normally. I tried reinstalling, but it doesnt get very far. In a few, i will take a pic of the screen i get everytime i try to boot up. Please bare with me.

Quote Originally Posted by shicy View Post
    you have to be more precise with describing your configuration and version of Ubuntu becouse it's the way to get help more quickly
    good luck with Ubuntu

Beans

Here is a pic of my screen when i try to boot up

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

i'm sorry but i don't know how to help you... probably some of advanced users could provide you some help...
    i'm really sorry

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

That doesn't look like an Ubuntu install screen. I don't think you are booting from the cd. First if I was you I would find a place to download or get the latest version of Ubuntu. Version 9.04.
    Is your CD drive plugging into the USB. I don't know much about the mini, because I do not have one. If it is you might need to boot from the USB first to get the system to start the install.
    Try this, it might work.
    My hometown on the Mississippi River.
    Using a Asus 3632QM laptop with 8gig RAM, 750gig Hybrid.
    Machine Registered 366271, 366273, 366275.
    Registered Ubuntu user number 18630. Registered Linux user number 458093.

Beans

here are the other screen shots

Beans

The CD drive is plugged into the usb. I am booting from the cd/dvd drive. When i select to boot from hard drive or anything else, it gets me know where.

Quote Originally Posted by irv View Post
    That doesn't look like an Ubuntu install screen. I don't think you are booting from the cd. First if I was you I would find a place to download or get the latest version of Ubuntu. Version 9.04.
    Is your CD drive plugging into the USB. I don't know much about the mini, because I do not have one. If it is you might need to boot from the USB first to get the system to start the install.
    Try this, it might work.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by TimEnid View Post
    here are the other screen shots

I don't know about anyone else, but I can't see whats on the screen at all. But that earlier pic looks like something the Mini's BIOS runs, so that's not the Ubuntu installer. Like mentioned above, see if you can set it to boot from USB.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast