Thread: unable to write ISO to DVD+R

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

unable to write ISO to DVD+R

Hi all

I am running Ubuntu 9.04, and am not able to write anything to any DVD+R's. I am trying to write some ISO's that I made with DeVeDe, and am unable to do so.

I have tried Brasero, K3B and Xfburn.

I have tried 3 different brands of DVD's and none of them work. I get an error saying to insert a disc, or that the disc I am trying to use is full.

DVD-R's work fine.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Beans

Re: unable to write ISO to DVD+R

ISOs and DVD-RWs are a bad mix, as they are supposed to finalise he disk, which would mean blocking off rewritable space

EDIT:sorry, misread. can't help you. can you burn other things such as files, not ISOs?
    Dell Inspiron 1525, 2GHZ Core2Duo, 3GB Ram, 320GB HDD + 160GB Portable HDD, Intel GMA x3100, Vista + Ubuntu Netbook Remix

How To Procrastinate

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Try a different brand of DVD+R discs. I have never had a problem burning DVD+R disks with either Brasero or K3B.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by bluedalek View Post
    Hi all

I am running Ubuntu 9.04, and am not able to write anything to any DVD+R's. I am trying to write some ISO's that I made with DeVeDe, and am unable to do so.

I have tried Brasero, K3B and Xfburn.

I have tried 3 different brands of DVD's and none of them work. I get an error saying to insert a disc, or that the disc I am trying to use is full.

DVD-R's work fine.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
    your computer may not be able to burn that kind of cd. I know mine can't do +Rs. Have to use -Rs

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Thanks to all the replies. I used to be able to do them in Wind'ohs.. so I don't think it's a hardware issue.

I can burn +R's if it's not an ISO.. raw data such as JPG, MP#, AVI.. ect.. are all fine.