Thread: Anyone know of reliable DVD Backup Software

Beans

Angry Anyone know of reliable DVD Backup Software

I'm in Ubuntu 8.10 and I'm trying to burn DVD data disks. I've tried the following:

1) K3B but it gives me the following cryptic message:
    "No such file or directory. Invalid node"

The file does exist and so not sure why it doesn't like the file.

2) Brasero but I can't drag and drop files from within itself. It reports:

"(brasero:14637): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_drag_begin: assertion `targets != NULL' failed"

However if I drag drop files from Nautilus this works ... about 2 - 3 times ... and then Brasero just crashes - disappears with this cryptic message:

"(brasero:14637): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_drag_set_icon_default: assertion `GDK_IS_DRAG_CONTEXT (context)' failed
    Segmentation fault"

3) I tried GnomeBaker but got this when I tried to burn:
    Executing 'genisoimage -gui -V bckup200907v1 -A GnomeBaker -p user123 -iso-level 3 -l -r -hide-rr-moved -J -joliet-long -graft-points --path-list /tmp/GnomeBaker-user123/gnomebaker-8EJYWU | builtin_dd of=/dev/sr0 obs=32k seek=0'
    I: -input-charset not specified, using utf-8 (detected in locale settings)
    genisoimage: Directories too deep for 'devel/Java/JEE/Seam/templates/Seam-Template/thirdparty/libs' (7) max is 6.
    write failed: Input/output error

4) I tried with CD/DVD Creator via Nautilus but it fails and pops up a dialog box stating:

"Error Writing to Disc. There was an error writing to the disc: Unhanded error, aborting."

I'm having to set up network shares in XP and Vista just so that I can perform backups of my Linux computer (Nero in XP and Vista just work).

Anyone have any suggestions for a CD/DVD writing software application in Linux that actually works? I need to back up my Linux directories in Linux.

Any help most appreciated.
    Last edited by Geekkit; July 13th, 2009 at 01:10 AM.
    http://www.tmrepository.com/about/

Windows 7 is so much better.