Thread: Mouse fails upon resume

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Mouse fails upon resume

I have a Gateway MX6426 laptop running Ubuntu Jaunty. Whenever I go into suspend, upon resume everything works except my mouse and keypad. I can type fine and the desktop works normally, but I cannot move the mouse or click anything. Would this be a hardware compatibility issue that I'm just going to have to live with, or is there a known workaround to this? Thanks for any help.
    Gateway MX6426, AMD64 2.2Ghz, 1GB RAM, 128MBATI Radeon Xpress, Windows XP & Ubuntu Karmic Koala
    Linux User #488323
    Half the fun of Linux is learning how to use it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Mouse fails upon resume

Is the mouse frozen on the screen, or is it just invisible? If it's the latter then I had the same problem literally a few days ago and I can tell you that there definitely is a solution... if I could only remember what it was...
    ach I can't remember. I'm pretty sure it was as simple as removing (purging) and reinstalling a package though.. take a look at anything you've been messing with recently. I'm really sorry I can't help more. I promise to try to remember! But the good news is that it's probably not a hardware issue, at least if the problem has only come on recently. good luck!