Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nvidia Geforce GT330M

Beans

Nvidia Geforce GT330M

Hi,

I have a Sony Vaio F-series Laptop computer.
    Originally windows 7 is installed.

I have made a double boot for Ubuntu 10.04.
    Until now, all I can choose from is between a display from 640x480 or 800x600.
    I know there were some problems with the new Nvidia drivers.

My question is: Are there any drivers available so i can get more options for the display.

I installed ubuntu 10.04 from the beginning and I updated every day when possible.

with regards, Flip

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Nvidia Geforce GT330M

Did you install video drivers? If yes which version?

Beans

I do not know what you mean. I just installed ubuntu 10.04 and every day i updated until now.

When I want to adjust the display, i get the message that i have to use the drivers of the manufacturer. But they are not installed.

I troublesuited and if i use the hardware drivers, then after a restart, my screen starts white, then flashing, and then it starts to become black.It starts from the right side and going to become more and more black from the right to the left.

Then I have to restart into the safe graphics mode. Afterwards, everything works okay again, but only in 640x480 or 800x600.

with regards.

Beans
    Distro

Beans

Hi,

I've been there on the site, but the problem is, there is no driver available for Linux.

Beans

Does anybody know when Nvidia will release Linux drivers for the Nvidia Geforce 300m series, which includes the 330m? I was looking at their site and after a quick search found no results for a linux driver for this series of graphics cards. I didn't even find a beta version.

Beans
    Distro

Do you have some driver recommended for your video card in Hardware drivers? Very strange that there are drivers for all other video cards but for 300M series there are no any of them.

Beans

The restricted drivers don't work for this series. The recommended driver causes you to boot into a black screen.

Beans
    Distro

Just incredible. Try with googling a little bit. I hope you will find something.

Beans

I did find a workaround: http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...0m-driver.html

However, I am still hoping for a driver specifically for Linux as there seem to be some problems with the workaround such as brightness issues. I hope this helps though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast