Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How can I change the colour of plastic?

Beans

Re: How can I change the colour of plastic?

Clean it, sand it, clean it again, spray paint it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer J. Simpson
    "Dinner is the perfect break between work, and drunk."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

You might be able to get away with decals.

Or, depending on how much heat the thing puts out, you could stash it somewhere out of sight.

Thought I might suggest an alternative.
    He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
    -Thomas Paine

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by koleoptero View Post
    There exist stickers for laptops that cover the entire surface. Google it.
    +1

Easy, fast and it will have better results since you don't have painting experience.
    Ubuntu user # 23776
    Linux user # 477919
    My proposed icon theme for Maverick!

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

b@sh_n3rd

well that post certainly strengthened me in the aspect that my PC would look good . But how is it possible to dismantle the case of a laptop and paint it? And is the case plastic or metal or what? I don't really like laptops so I'm not very good at "laptop-know-how"
    Laptops are easily disassembled for repairs. My friends is a Dell Inspiron. His looked best RED.

If you are modifying your case, maybe add a window or some punched louvers before painting. The fronts from cd /dvd rom trays just snap off( pull up on them while pulling out the bottom.they slide up)Seize the moment.
    Geek by nature, Linux by choice

Beans

No opinion on my last Q? does my physical PC go with my Jaunty installation? Anyways,

tjwoosta, I'm curious, how did you paint your keyboard? And keep the lettering too?
    swoll1980, hey can you really sandpaper the plastic panels of a PC? I'd thought not...Do I need to anyway? (might sound a dumb Q but I like this comp quite alot...too much you might say )
    MaxIboy & jonian_g, if by any chance you guys think my PC's a laptop, it's not. It's a desktop . I don't quite like laptops anyway...they are rather limited too...
    Quote Originally Posted by bartos
    ...maybe add a window or some punched louvers before painting...
    What do you mean by this? My DVD-RW has an extra black bezel. It came with that but I switched it for the white coz my PC's white. So that's not a prob. Only prob is, my floppy drive (which I just remembered about). It came with the PC and that's white. Now if I make the whole PC black and that's white, that'd be simply awful right? any ideas on that? Thanks...
    Last edited by b@sh_n3rd; July 11th, 2009 at 07:15 PM.
    Intel Core i3 540 @ 3.06GHz [3.46+ O.C.] 1GiB INTEL HDA; 4GiB DDR3 1333MHz [1500+ O.C.] ON Intel DH55HC