Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Medical Software?????

Beans

Re: Medical Software?????

Look also at OpenMRS, and GNU cash. Check the Riegenstrieff Institiute of health informatics. they are very helpful.

Beans

Gnumed was not ready for billing , had plenty inconsistencies and not very user friendly and for follow up it was very annoying to have all the symptoms over time on one page, one page with observations over time, actions similar and plans. To many clicks to get what I wanted and annoying typeset The SOAP concept can be better used. This was very annoying unless they have imporved over the last 8/12. another problem was some of the conceptdictionary items.

Now very happy with setting up openMRS, you can make it as specific as you like.
    You can make and adjust your own concept dictionary to allow for billing or health and safety purposes and any type of practice.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Here is a beauty from Canada:

http://www.oscarcanada.org/

These are showing great promise, I hope they continue to grow. The current propitiatory EMRs are generally very average with little customization to make them close to useful. We can put a man on the moon, bake bread on our countertops but still languish with cumbersome EMRs.

The other frustrating aspect of those closed systems is that the database they employ to store data is closed, non-portable, and not easily moved into another EMR.

Thanks for some of these links, I had not seem them previously.

FE

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

So I tried Installing openemr and then left my computer I set it to sleep after 2 hours and it did not knowing if openemr is installed or not.

but the problem is I went to go install GNUmed and the install button is greyed out b/c of an error with openemr:

E:I wasn't able to locate file for the openemr package. This might mean you need to manually fix this package.:

anyone know how I can fix this package?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I own a company which makes high end software solutions for businesses, we could make you something like this if you're interested. And we can write it in either operating system you choose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristam Green View Post
    I can tell you something about a turntable.
    I have two of them.
    And a microphone.
    Where it's at.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

SamMD,
    If you plan on using OpenEMR, I would install it within a LTS release like Ubuntu 10.04, not 11.04. Did you try running it from the command line? If so, it may give an error that can track down the problem. I've installed it here for testing purposes with no problems.

bertmanphx
    Fedora 18
    Ubuntu 12.04.1

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123