Thread: I got hardware accel with Mach64 on Jaunty but a few Q's...

Beans

I got hardware accel with Mach64 on Jaunty but a few Q's...

Hi, I've posted a couple of threads before on how to get hardware acceleration on Jaunty for my ATI 3D Rage Pro video adapter. I found a rather old thread on the forum itself, answering my Q though, for a much older version of Ubuntu. It seems to have worked on Jaunty without any problem but I have two questions if anyone would be knowledgeable and kind enough to answer them

The fix states me to manually build DRI from source which I did. What I did was actually build the xf86-video-ati-6.12.2 package into Jaunty. Previously, # glxinfo | grep render gave me,
    Code:
    direct rendering: yes
    OpenGL renderer string: Software rasterizer
    Now I get,
    Code:
    do_wait: drmWaitVBlank returned -1, IRQs don't seem to be working correctly.
    Try adjusting the vblank_mode configuration parameter.
    direct rendering: yes
    OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Mach64 [Rage Pro] 20051019 AGP 2x x86/MMX
    I'm rather puzzled by what I've marked in red. Any info on that would be much appreciated. My second Q is, after I built the package, "configure:" printed that I should also install the "mach64" or, to be more precise, the "xf86-video-mach64" (6.8.1=latest) package, for cards based on Mach64. I got that package to double check on it and I thought I'll ask a Q on that here, coz it seems to be somewhat similar to the "xorg-xserver-mach64" package I see in synaptic. Simply put, should I or shouldn't I compile this package too? Thanks to anyone for any feedback on this topic.

#b@sh_n3rd#
    Last edited by b@sh_n3rd; July 10th, 2009 at 12:20 PM.
    Intel Core i3 540 @ 3.06GHz [3.46+ O.C.] 1GiB INTEL HDA; 4GiB DDR3 1333MHz [1500+ O.C.] ON Intel DH55HC