Thread: No pictures in F-spot

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

[Solved]No pictures in F-spot

I am an using up-to-date jaunty 64bit.
    When importing photos into f-spot if I select not to copy the pictures into the ~/Photos folder then upon restart I find no pictures in f-spot.All I see is grey boxes.F-spot version is 0.5.0.3

I do not want to copy the photos again as I already have them organised on another partition.

Please help..
    Last edited by BugBuster; July 11th, 2009 at 03:11 PM.
    Debian 6.0.1(Squeeze)/64bit
    MSI K9AGM4-L | AMD Athlon64 X2 4000+ | 2x1GB DDR2 800MHZ(Transcend) | ATI Radeon Xpress 1250(Onboard) | Seagate 250GB SATA II | Acer AL1916W

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Lightbulb [Solved]Re: No pictures in F-spot

My bad!!!!!

I lived with this issue for 3 releases of ubuntu, but at last figured it out..

As I was primarily a windows user I had this habit of using weird characters in file/folder names, so I sorted my photos by the month and year they were taken but used a "@" in their names like
    Jan@08, Feb@08...etc.

Today I tried launching f-spot from the terminal and noticed that f-spot could not find the location of the files..so changed the name of one such folder without the @ and voila it worked..

Posting here as an experience..hope it helps someone who tries to someone who carries the windows mentality to linux..like I did.
    Last edited by BugBuster; July 11th, 2009 at 03:06 PM.
    Debian 6.0.1(Squeeze)/64bit
    MSI K9AGM4-L | AMD Athlon64 X2 4000+ | 2x1GB DDR2 800MHZ(Transcend) | ATI Radeon Xpress 1250(Onboard) | Seagate 250GB SATA II | Acer AL1916W