I would like to know, what changes would have possibly affect my upgrade here.
What could have possible gone wrong
First try was to copy smbpasswd,smbusers(empty),smb.conf, passwd(in /etc),groups(in /etc) , performed pwcon and grpconv
It works fine. But I can't change any password
And, it seems like I can't sync unix and samba users using Webmin
I'm using webmin 1.480
I tried to change using Webmin at "System>Change Passwords"
It results Password changed successfully but it never really did.
So that confuses me.
Found that my Samba user list is shown as empty..
So I tried to convert Unix users to Samba users
Errors I get,
Something like that.
add_smbfilepwd_entry: entry with name nobody already exists
Sorry for the mess here