Thread: Nautilus crashes when trying to go on FTP or SFTP directory

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Angry Nautilus crashes when trying to go on FTP or SFTP directory

This subject has begun yesterday. The system was last updated 3-4 days ago, but before yesterday everything was good. When I'm trying to go on some FTP dir, it crashes with segmentation fault and with message like this:
    ** (nautilus:4956): WARNING **: Cannot extract frame (252, 0) from the grid

Of course, I didn't make any changes in GNOME and Nautilus configuration for a long time. How can I fix this problem?

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Nautilus crashes when trying to go on FTP or SFTP directory

Quote Originally Posted by Boten View Post
    This subject has begun yesterday. The system was last updated 3-4 days ago, but before yesterday everything was good. When I'm trying to go on some FTP dir, it crashes with segmentation fault and with message like this:
    ** (nautilus:4956): WARNING **: Cannot extract frame (252, 0) from the grid

Of course, I didn't make any changes in GNOME and Nautilus configuration for a long time. How can I fix this problem?
    I've experienced this today on SFTP connection too: nautilus just closes, desktop icons disappear and nautilus has to be started from Alt+F2 to get them back. Happens every time when trying to open SFTP directory. Likewise, no problems previously.
    Last edited by raulih; July 9th, 2009 at 03:54 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by raulih View Post
    I've experienced this today on SFTP connection too: nautilus just closes, desktop icons disappear and nautilus has to be started from Alt+F2 to get them back. Happens every time when trying to open SFTP directory. Likewise, no problems previously.
    Only recent change I remember, is that I installed Ubuntu One two days ago. Could this be the cause?

Beans
    Hidden!

Only recent change I remember, is that I installed Ubuntu One two days ago. Could this be the cause?
    Just installed new Ubuntu One related updates in Synaptic, and Nautilus + SFTP seems to work again. See this too https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/395710
    Last edited by raulih; July 9th, 2009 at 04:18 PM.

Beans

Cool Re: Nautilus crashes when trying to go on FTP or SFTP directory

I'm having this same issue. I too recently installed Ubuntu One [after I got invited ]. I'll try installing the latest updates and see if that solves it for me as well.
    Last edited by blaede22; July 10th, 2009 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Confimation of Fix!