Thread: Project 64in wine: gamingwindow dissapears somewhere after choosing game

Beans

Project 64in wine: gamingwindow dissapears somewhere after choosing game

Hello!

Previously today the N64 emulator 'Project 64' was running Ocarina of Time just fine on my Lenovo laptop (Ubuntu 9.04) under wine. Here is my problem now:

• I start Project 64 in Wine
    • The applications main window turns up as before
    • I choose a game
    • the window disappears so the gaming window can turn up instead
    • but, it never shows up
    • I can hear the music though (Eponas hooves) and I can see Project64.exe in the list of processes, so i suppose the window is just "hidden" or something.

What to do?

It is not present on the other desktops.

* Sorry, typing errors in header too...
    Last edited by rusma; July 8th, 2009 at 06:44 PM. Reason: minor errors

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Project 64in wine: gamingwindow dissapears somewhere after choosing game

This doesn't really address your problem, but is there a specific reason you need to use an emulator through Wine and not a Linux native emulator like Mupen64Plus? More often than not, it is better/easier to use a native app instead of a Windows app through Wine.

Linux User #355330 | Ubuntu User #15618 | Last.FM

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cogadh View Post
    This doesn't really address your problem, but is there a specific reason you need to use an emulator through Wine and not a Linux native emulator like Mupen64Plus? More often than not, it is better/easier to use a native app instead of a Windows app through Wine.
    I've already tried mupen64plus, but found that the Rice plugin refused to work, and Glide64 just works for some time and then gives a fps of 0 and uses up all system resources. This thread is for one computer. I've gotten mupen64plus to work on another machine, but have some other problems there
    Last edited by rusma; July 8th, 2009 at 10:03 PM. Reason: was not finished

Beans

It did not recover after a few reboots either. I find it very strange. It is like the whole application is disappearing behind a curtain or something..

Beans

Got tired and just purged wine from synaptic, and deleted ~/.wine. Reinstalled project 64 1.6, and now it is not hiding in the background anymore.

Of course this was not the best solution, but it works.