Thread: Wrong laptop monitor resolution

Beans

Wrong laptop monitor resolution

Hi people,

I was having problems with the fglrx drivers for my Radeon 200m integrated chip yesterday but I managed to find a fix in the form of radeon-rewrite.

Currently, I have a set up where I have my laptop monitor and a VGA cable connected to a second LCD monitor. The drivers seem to be working well, on my second monitor I am getting a full 1280 x 1024 resolution, the simple compiz animations are working smoothly and it correctly guessing that it is a 19" 4:3 dell monitor.

The problem is with my laptop screen, it is detecting it as a 15" 4:3 @ 1024 x 768 monitor when actually it is a 17" 16:9 @ 1440x900. Is there a way to force the correct resolution?

Please note, that while I have some rough idea of what I'm doing in the shell, I am still very much a beginner when it comes to xorg and driver configuration (and the shell when you compare me to the others in these forums). Much more comfortable in the GUI.

Thanks, Rich

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Wrong laptop monitor resolution

I too need help with this.
    I'm on The Web | Flickr | tumblr
    My computer: Dell Studio 1555: Pentium Dual Core T4300(2.1GHz,800MHz,1MB), 4096MB 800MHz DDR2 Dual Channel, 512 MB ATI Mobility RADEON HD 4570
    Please don't send PM's asking for help. Use the forum instead