Thread: SD card won't automatrically mount.

Beans

SD card won't automatrically mount.

I've tried the instructions on this page but they didn't work. Any help? I have Jaunty Jackelope, if that's any help.

Beans

Re: SD card won't automatrically mount.

As a warning, this is only a suggestion. Please back-up your data safely. You might try formatting your SD card to a FAT32 partition. Doing so will erase your information.

Beans

I've tried formating, but what I found out I need is a partition table recoverer. Know a good one I can use on my SD card?

Beans

For command-line utilities, there is FSCK. "Testdisk", found within Synaptic, features robust partition repair capability.

For software in a window, GParted (also known as "Partition Editor" under Administration) from Synaptic has a "Check" function that may do the job. It probably uses FSCK anyway.

Beans

My SD Card does not appear in GParted, and also, I fixed my SD card using Windows Vista's Partioning software. Score one for Vista. Where does this leave us? 9 X 10^10000000000 to 1, Ubuntu?

Beans

Some USB devices are Windows-compatible only in nature and may take up to 2 years or more sometimes to reach compatibility with Linux. The difference is that it tends to be free in the open source community. For examples, phone and music-playing devices in general need such attention. In essence, you pay Microsoft for speed of which you receive technology, but you also get the bugs that come along with it.