Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: World of Warcraft with Wine [OUTDATED]

Beans

Re: World of Warcraft with Wine

Alright thanks for the replies... When I get home tonight I'll give everything a try and see if I can't get this working.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by kidcharles
    alinuxfan:

While getting the precompiled copy of wine is certainly the easiest way to install it, there is not (that I know of) a way to apply the necessary patching to the already compiled files. That's why the method I described starts with the source code. I tried to run WoW with the wine package, and had problems.
    cool, thanks for the info...
    I ended up installing from your howto except i switched around putting the dll's in the system32 folder and THEN install the mozilla exe

thanks for the howto
    (I thinkthe realms are down right now cause i can't see the realms to log in, but everything has worked up to that point)

Beans

Ok so I ran the "sudo apt-get build-deb wine" command but I got the error message "E: Invalid operation build-deb" am I doing something wrong here?

Since that didn't work I decided to try and compile wine anyways but it said I needed to install the flex package. I assume that is part of the sudo apt-get problem. Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Quote Originally Posted by schnabea
    Ok so I ran the "sudo apt-get build-deb wine" command but I got the error message "E: Invalid operation build-deb" am I doing something wrong here?

Since that didn't work I decided to try and compile wine anyways but it said I needed to install the flex package. I assume that is part of the sudo apt-get problem. Any ideas on how to resolve this?
    That's because it should be "sudo apt-get build-dep wine". After you've run that, it should work.

Beans

ahhh lol. Thanks. got that part done now. on to the next step!

Beans

Alright.. one more problem. When I go to install the mozilla control I get an error message saying that it cannot find the mozilla layout libraries or that files are missing int he installation. When I went to the control website the author mentions some C runtime .DLL files which I downloaded. They are MSVCP60.DLL and MSVCRT.DLL Now that I have them I don't know what to do with them to make this work.

Am I even on the right track here? And if not could someone point me in the right direction?

Again, sorry to be such a noob but I really appreciate all the help.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by RAOF
    That's because it should be "sudo apt-get build-dep wine". After you've run that, it should work.
    I run that command, but this is what I get:

Code:
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree... Done
    Package xlibmesa-dev is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
    is only available from another source
    Package libgl-dev is a virtual package provided by:
      mesag-dev 5.0.0-5.1
      libgl1-mesa-dev 6.3.2-0ubuntu6breezy1
    You should explicitly select one to install.
    E: Package xlibmesa-dev has no installation candidate
    E: Package libgl-dev has no installation candidate
    E: Failed to satisfy Build-Depends dependency for wine: libgl-dev
    What should I do?

Beans

automatix cant be used to install wine?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Ahh! Sorry for the build-dep typo, dep is short for dependency. That step is "experimental", I thought it might be a quick way to install all the packages wine needs to be compiled. Another way is to do the 'configure' operation, and each time it errors out saying there is a missing library, go and 'apt-get install' the -dev of that particular library.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

otake-tux

I don't know much about Automatix, but I suspect it installs the binary package for wine. This method is specifically a patched source method of installing wine.

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast