Thread: Nvidia Xserver, changing resolution each time I boot.

Beans

Nvidia Xserver, changing resolution each time I boot.

Hi there,

I start with the wrong resolution (Full HD I think), but I need it to be 1024x768

I am able to change it but in order to be permanent(each time I boot will have that resolution), the xconfig file must be updated but I can't:

Any help really appreciated.
    Ubuntu 9.04 | Intel Celeron D 2.26 Ghz, 256 KB L2 Cache | 2 GB RAM | Motherboard ECS 661 GX-M | Nvidia Geforce 6200 AGP | USB Lambda Lexicon audio interface.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Nvidia Xserver, changing resolution each time I boot.

Hi and are you using
    Code:
    gksu nvidia-settings

Beans

This is what I get from the terminal when executing

Code:
    gksu nvidia-settings
    And clicking on 'Save to X configuration file':

WARNING: No Layout specified, constructing implicit layout section using screen "Default Screen".

WARNING: Unable to find CorePointer in X configuration; attempting to add new CorePointer section.

WARNING: The CorePointer device was not specified explicitly in the layout; using the first mouse device.

WARNING: Unable to find CoreKeyboard in X configuration; attempting to add new CoreKeyboard section.

WARNING: The CoreKeyboard device was not specified explicitly in the layout; using the first keyboard device.

But when I click on 'Save' no error message is thrown. Hmmm... will reboot and see what happens...
    Ubuntu 9.04 | Intel Celeron D 2.26 Ghz, 256 KB L2 Cache | 2 GB RAM | Motherboard ECS 661 GX-M | Nvidia Geforce 6200 AGP | USB Lambda Lexicon audio interface.

Beans

Wow,thanks that worked, now the question is how did that work?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by gasto View Post
    Wow,thanks that worked, now the question is how did that work?
    You just opened nvidia settings as root and it allowed you to save the settings

Beans

Thanks again.