Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: problems with checkgmail

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Lightbulb problems with checkgmail

after last set of updates program checkgmail asks for my user name and password then after i enter and hit save goes into loop and repeats same. anyone else or just me

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: problems with checkgmail

The only time I had a program with gmail that resembles what you described was when I had a weak password.
    boot_info_script | AMD64 Athlon X2 Dual-Core - nVidia Geforce 6150 SE - 4GB DDR3

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

I can confirm this error.

Beans
    Distro

Same here

Beans
    Distro

I am having the same problem. I did an update.. and whamo. It keeps prompting me for a password.. and after a while I get a 401 unauthorized error. Double checked passwords.. I'm A-OK. No problem logging into gmail from firefox, and my account has not been compromised.. I use really strong generated passwords. Changed them anyways.. Still, checkgmail will not function. Then I attempted to run the program from the terminal command line.. and I get this suspicious error message, and the program even freezes up terminal too.. Here is the error:

Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at /usr/share/perl5/Crypt/Simple.pm line 144.

Then it freezes.. I have to do a hard exit on the terminal window to stop the freezing..
    Did google change their services again to prevent atom browser functionally
    for non-proprietary atom browser users? Or did that update just kill our checkgmail?

I did a reboot on my system and now my boot up graphical window is messed up looking, and the red progress line has moved itself to the lower left hand corner of the ubuntu window.. It reminds me of a virus on windows.. EEKK!! . This is REALLY STRANGE..

Beans
    Distro

And forgot to mention, I'm running 9.04 Ubuntu.. Not the alpha..

Beans
    Distro

Okay, now the other problem is gone after another reboot, except checkgmal still won't work normally anymore. I can force it to work when I disable cookies fro the command line.. In Terminal:

checkgmail -no_cookies

And now it works again. Hy head hurts..

Beans
    Distro

It appears that I am also having the same problem on another machine that I have NOT done any updates on and is running 9.04. Perhaps Google has made a change.

Beans
    Distro

Yes, this looks like a google issue.. The error I was getting was when I trying to start checkgmail from the command line while it was already running.. Everything was working fine this afternoon though. The last thing that happened was about 2 hours ago I did a reboot after those updates came down the pike, and then checkgmail started kicking back that 401 error.. I'm just going to run it without the cookies for now.. Thanks.

Beans
    Distro

I'm going to change the MAC address in my router to get a different IP address with my dynamic IP connection.. and see that might fix the problem for a while.. I'll be right back..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast