Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shiretoko

Beans

Shiretoko

I am trying to install latest Firefox 3.5 in jaunty, but it seem that it's harder than i though. Every possiple <snip> PPA repository install some 'Shiretoko' browser and i am unable to find anywhere properly branded Firefox..

Is this so big problem for this distibution to have basic things done. Even damn openSUSE has One-Click install of proper Firefox 3.5 available from day One, but Ubuntu noooo, Ubuntu must simply **** off their users..

If somebody has link to 'normal' repository without all that shire-crap-toko i am waiting.
    Last edited by overdrank; July 1st, 2009 at 12:21 PM. Reason: removed language

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Shiretoko sh*t

Quote Originally Posted by 6205 View Post
    I am trying to install latest Firefox 3.5 in jaunty, but it seem that it's harder than i though. Every possiple fu*king PPA repository install some 'Shiretoko' browser and i am unable to find anywhere properly branded Firefox..

Is this so big problem for this distibution to have basic things done. Even damn openSUSE has One-Click install of proper Firefox 3.5 available from day One, but Ubuntu noooo, Ubuntu must simply **** off their users..

If somebody has link to 'normal' repository without all that shire-crap-toko i am waiting.
    You will have to wait until a backport is done.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Shiretoko

Hi!

I updated with sudo apt-get install firefox 3.5

No problems.

KegHead
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by KegHead View Post
    Hi!

I updated with sudo apt-get install firefox 3.5

No problems.

KegHead
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install firefox-3.5
    http://www.blogsdna.com/3824/how-to-...-904-linux.htm

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by colau View Post
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install firefox-3.5
    http://www.blogsdna.com/3824/how-to-...-904-linux.htm
    All these are doing is putting Shiretoko on. As the OP said, these have suggested that the final of 3.5 would be installed, but both of your links and all how-tos I have tried is only and still loading Shiretoko

Edit: It is possible that because I am 64 bit, the backport does not have the 64 bit as of yet
    Last edited by VastOne; July 1st, 2009 at 01:57 PM.

Beans

I have 32-bit Jaunty and it's the same. Shiretoko everywhere and i don't understand why.. This is simply a neverending problem with Ubuntu..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

gksudo firefox

and upgrade from Help as in windows...so far no problems at all...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by joemun View Post
    gksudo firefox

and upgrade from Help as in windows...so far no problems at all...
    Nope....

Says I am up to date and to check back periodically

I would guess you are 32 bit?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

i think ubuntu is a good distro, but, sometimes it really make us frustrated. i still using firefox 3.0.11 in ubuntu 9.04 becoz there is no update of firefox 3.5 in official repo still & even ubuntu-mozilla-daily build team repo. (it still installs minefield 3.5 browser, not firefox 3.5 final)...but, my frnds using other distros like openSUSE or Fedora already get latest firefox 3.5.
    this matter really making me unhappy. i want to use firefox 3.5 final version in ubuntu 9.04....i love ubuntu, but, it should concern about such kind of issues....its not a good exeperience for us to wait longer for a new version when other people already using new version.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

You could always download the source code and install it that way... so stop complaining if the officially labels verison is not in the repos, testing takes time!

Shiretoko is the code name for Firefox 3.5, so dont worry it works. Until a proper backport is completed your stuck with the Shiretoko name, which is nothing to worry about... heck I'm on Arch Linux and it never uses the Firefox name.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast