Thread: Acer AspireOne D250 Wrong CPU Clock

Beans

Acer AspireOne D250 Wrong CPU Clock

Hi guys,

I've got everything to work on my Acer Aspire One D250 (Atom N280 CPU) except one thing. This CPU is supposed to be 1.66GHz however I'm only getting 1.33GHz.

Looking at /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_frequencies I only find three options:
    1.33GHz
    1.07GHz
    800MHz

Verified it is not hardware problem. With Windows XP it hits 1.66GHz under "Always On".
    Have spent over 2 days to google around and try to solve things myself. No hope at all.

I've tried kernel 2.6.30, backport modules too btw.. None works I'm getting frustrated now.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Acer AspireOne D250 Wrong CPU Clock

Hello Tiger,

When you say you got everything working, do you include the cpu fan and wifi LED? If yes, can you share how you did it?

Sorry I am no help with the CPU frequency, I have a D250 but I have not really looked at the cpu frequency.

Cheers

Suo

Beans

You are not alone. I've a prob with the N280 on my MSI Wind as well ...
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...highlight=n280

Beans

*bump*

Beans

Not going to be a big help to you I'm afraid but my NB200 has an N280 processor in it and it reports

1000mhz
    1333mhz and
    1666mhz

( figures may not be 100% accurate but the machine is at home and I'm not. So I doing it from memory, it's close enough though)

It seems to happily switch between the various frequencies although it's almost always 1ghz or 1.6ghz .

Like I said not a huge help, but it does at least show that Jaunty is capable of supporting the N280

Beans