Thread: get system tray icon back KDE 3.5 Kubuntu Hardy

Beans

get system tray icon back KDE 3.5 Kubuntu Hardy

I'm not sure how to explain this, so please bear with me. I'm not sure if it's called such, but I'm going to call the place on the lower right on the panel the "system tray" - the place where the running program icons are like KDE Wallet, the sound icon, Wifi icon, etc.

I run a separate program called Autokey that used to pop up in the system tray when opened. From there I could right click it and get into a configuration GUI and what not. The other day accidentally clicked "Remove this icon" or something similar. My question is: how do I get it back now? I tried the only thing I could think of, which was to delete the .kde directory and start over, but that didn't work. I tried Googling too but I didn't really know what to search for.

I'm sure this is a quick fix. Please let me know, as I use this program to speed up my job.

Thanks in advance!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: get system tray icon back KDE 3.5 Kubuntu Hardy

If you start the program try Preferences-> Show tray icon (or something similar ) ... it may work....
    "To give perfect expression to the One, the Infinite, through the harmony of the many; to the One, the Love, through the sacrifice of self, is the object alike of our individual life and our society."
    Rabindranath Tagore

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by aged hippy View Post
    If you start the program try Preferences-> Show tray icon (or something similar ) ... it may work....
    The problem is that no other GUI shows up at all now, so I have no way of doing this. I am positive that the program is running, though, because it still does its job.
    Last edited by Shaun32; June 30th, 2009 at 11:14 PM.

Beans

*bump*