Thread: Verizon Wireless

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Verizon Wireless

Some of you may know that I currently have satellite internet that has a download cap of 17GBs m/o that is rollover style (sorry, difficult to explain, but if you know what I mean, you should understand).

Currently, we're paying 80$ m/o for less than 1.5MBps, and the satellite isn't exactly correct, because our connectivity drops when we have bad weather and storms.

So, we were thinking about getting Verizon wireless (of which, I know nothing of, except by reading a bit), which has 1.5MBps download and 500KB-800KB uplink (according to their website).

Verizon has a cap too. It says 5GBs per month. Can anyone tell me if this is rollover style (I use 2GBs one month, and it gets carried over to the next month), or do I get 5GBs every month (clean slate at the end of the month)?

Thanks,
    Dr Small
    "Security lies within the user of who runs the system. Think smart, live safe." - Dr Small
    Linux User #441960 | Wiki: DrSmall

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Verizon Wireless

There is no rollover with Verizon Wireless internet. That is my biggest gripe with Verizon. I would suggest, if its available to you to get a service from AT&T or T-Mobile. Their internet plans have unlimited monthly bandwidth, (And is cheaper monthly than Verizon), with quality speeds (depends on your area though.)
    Happy geeks are effective geeks!
    AMD Athlon II X2 250 (3.0ghz), Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P, 3GB Crucial DDR3-1066Mhz RAM, XFX ATI RadeonHD 5750 1GB GDDR5

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

I had at&t internet and it was slower then a turtle..just my 02.
    "There is no failure, just ways that don't work" And when this is realized, people are much happier in life because if they stop trying, they fail as to give up. If people take this approach in life, they will never ever fail"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Just FYI, Starband has a 2gb/7 day rolling quota.