Thread: cd rip, scratchy audio

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

cd rip, scratchy audio

I went to rip a cd in kubuntu, and I didnt have the folder option available for mp3 format. I installed the lame package through kpackageget. However, when I drag the mp3 files to my desktop, they result in an inaudible screachy sound. The ogg files work fine, and I have no problems on my ubuntu 9.04 box. Because of this, I am suspecting something being wrong with the lame package, which one specifically do I want? I already have the multiverse repositories open, and have had no problems with things like ffmpeg encoding video.

Thanks for the help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: cd rip, scratchy audio

any help here?

I installed the package lame, but when I rip to mp3, I get a hiss (like when your stereo cables are unplugged) instead of music.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: cd rip, scratchy audio

Hi. I'm sorry, we can be late.

Here https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CDRipping you can find information about what you're looking for. Hope it helps.

Just a comment:
    Maybe no one have seen this entry or none know how to solve it. Remember we do this for fun and the pleasure to help others. We're not forced to help, but if we can, why we should not do it. If there is anything else, write to all the comunity and take patience. If is urgent and really need help write directly to anyone of us (me by example). Together we might find what you're looking for. Greetings and have fun.