Thread: Connecting Cannon Pixma iP90v to 9.04

Beans

Connecting Cannon Pixma iP90v to 9.04

Hi, I'm trying to connect a Cannon Pixma iP90v to 9.04 to a Novatech X15 GT, and haven't been having much luck.
    I also tried it on a Dell 5000, and couldn't get it to work, so I don't think its the computer hardware thats causing the problem.

The problem is, I connect the printer, and add a new printer via the printer configuration. At the end of the setup, it states

Missing Driver
    Printer 'iP90' requires the 'pstocanonij' program but it is not currently installed. Please install it before using printer.

Searching around, I found two other threads where people have had issues with this printer, and I have found the solutions to not work.
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=662002
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ighlight=ip90v

When I try to print with it (after installing the driver mentioned here it gives the message

Printer 'iP90':'cups-missing-filter
    I know cups is something to do with a print server, but thats about the end of my knowledge on it.

Also, this sitestates that it works perfectly with linux, and offers recommended drivers, but I don't know how to try them out.

So, I was wondering if anyone can give me a hint what to do here, my older printers just pluged in a printed right away, this ones a bit more frustrating.

Thanks.

edit: also, just installed it through this guide, and it still gives

I think I still have the CDs shipped with it, would pstocanonij be on there somewhere?
    Last edited by bm90; June 29th, 2009 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Fixed links + added extra info

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: Connecting Cannon Pixma iP90v to 9.04

I use with a sufficient satisfaction the driver included in every linux distribution I tried for my Canon PIXMA iP 90.
    I use the Canon BJC-8200 Foomatic and works mostly well.
    The Free(dom) Technologies Are Possible!
    I love KDE!
    [Linux user #449224 - (K)ubuntu user #15071]

Beans

Re: Connecting Cannon Pixma iP90v to 9.04

Quote Originally Posted by speedygeo View Post
    I use with a sufficient satisfaction the driver included in every linux distribution I tried for my Canon PIXMA iP 90.
    I use the Canon BJC-8200 Foomatic and works mostly well.
    This works. I think there is a bug with the supplied driver for iP90v from the canon website. Just use Canon BJC-200 foomatic from the print settings menu and when it asks you whether to use the old or new PPD, use the old PPD that exists in <path to ip90v install>/usr/share/cups/model/canonip90.ppd .

This file was created when I tried to install from Canon's driver website using cnijfilter-common-2.70-2.src.rpm download. See http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=662002 for how to do the install. It might work on other people's systems, but at least you can extract the canonip90.ppd file.

Beans

Post Re: Connecting Cannon Pixma iP90v to 9.04

Quote Originally Posted by sangrey View Post
    This works. I think there is a bug with the supplied driver for iP90v from the canon website. Just use Canon BJC-200 foomatic from the print settings menu and when it asks you whether to use the old or new PPD, use the old PPD that exists in <path to ip90v install>/usr/share/cups/model/canonip90.ppd .

This file was created when I tried to install from Canon's driver website using cnijfilter-common-2.70-2.src.rpm download. See http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=662002 for how to do the install. It might work on other people's systems, but at least you can extract the canonip90.ppd file.
    want to install