Thread: USB Headphones

Beans

USB Headphones

I'm going to buy new headphones, I was thinking about "Medusa NX 5.1" but I found "Medusa NX USB 5.1" And I was wondering if they will work fine on Ubuntu.
    http://www.speed-link.com/?p=2&cat=183&pid=18677&paus=1
    I've emailed their support to ask about it. They just replied "no" (yeah! that's all!). But that means they don't give any support for linux. I hope someone here has some experience with usb headsets.
    If they won't work I'll just buy 'normal' Medusa NX 5.1. But I don't have 5.1 soundcard. So I'll have to buy it as well. Say if you know any good soundcard that will work fine.
    Btw. I prefer alsa over pulseaudio

Beans

Re: USB Headphones

Quote Originally Posted by Uriziel View Post
    I'm going to buy new headphones, I was thinking about "Medusa NX 5.1" but I found "Medusa NX USB 5.1" And I was wondering if they will work fine on Ubuntu.
    http://www.speed-link.com/?p=2&cat=183&pid=18677&paus=1
    They do, i aswell bought them and they work fine out of the box

I've emailed their support to ask about it. They just replied "no" (yeah! that's all!). But that means they don't give any support for linux. I hope someone here has some experience with usb headsets.
    If they won't work I'll just buy 'normal' Medusa NX 5.1. But I don't have 5.1 soundcard. So I'll have to buy it as well. Say if you know any good soundcard that will work fine.
    Btw. I prefer alsa over pulseaudio
    I can only talk about pulseaudio (which i use and where they work) but i guess there won't be a big difference using alsa.

Hope i could help!

Beans

Re: USB Headphones

As this thread is found via google when looking for "medusa nx 5.1 linux" I'll just add, that only the main front speakers are recognized by Ubuntu, no surround.