Thread: New from the northeast corner, will attend purdue

Beans

New from the northeast corner, will attend purdue

Well I guess you could say I'm new anyways, I haven't even installed yet! I've got a friend coming over monday to make sure I do the drive partition right since I just got this laptop and still wish to dual boot in order to transition a little bit easier into the world of linux. Anyways, I'm just north of Fort Wayne and will be attending PURDUE this fall for 6 years as a pharmacy student. I noticed there are a few other boilers running around here and my friend thats coming over will be my roommate down there so I'll run this site by him and tell him to get at it. As for now, I'm going to bed its 2:30 in the morning....

Beans

Re: New from the northeast corner, will attend purdue

Ah, you're practically in my backyard. I'm over here in Middlebury (Elkhart). Good luck with things and I hope you enjoy Ubuntu. A couple of my brothers-in-law are Purdue grads. Great school.
    ...couldn't leave well enough alone.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy1218 View Post
    Well I guess you could say I'm new anyways, I haven't even installed yet! I've got a friend coming over monday to make sure I do the drive partition right since I just got this laptop and still wish to dual boot in order to transition a little bit easier into the world of linux. Anyways, I'm just north of Fort Wayne and will be attending PURDUE this fall for 6 years as a pharmacy student. I noticed there are a few other boilers running around here and my friend thats coming over will be my roommate down there so I'll run this site by him and tell him to get at it. As for now, I'm going to bed its 2:30 in the morning....
    I too grew up north of Fort Wayne, in Garrett. My wife is a Purdue PharmD grad (although not really a Linux/Ubuntu fan). Have fun there, college is a great time (just remember to study every once in a while though). Hope things went ok with your install. I've got a dual boot installation myself, as there are some engineering applications I simply cannot replace in Linux (many are work related).

Beans

install went fine, i decided to just break down, go to staples and buy a second hard drive for my laptop though so that there was absolutely no risk of screwing it up. but got it up and running fine, a few occasional problems but im gonna poke around the forums tonight and see what i cant get ironed out

Beans

I've recently (within the past few years, anyhow) been living in Fort Wayne, myself.

I'm glad to hear your install went well and I hope you've been able to make some progress ironing out those wrinkles.

Welcome aboard!