Thread: Rip/Capture RTMP video streams

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Rip/Capture RTMP video streams

Hello,

I'm really loving ubuntu but sometimes, there's no applications to do certain tasks and then I get baffled. I'm trying to rip an RTMP video stream off a website. The website is: http://www.jesusfilm.org/film-and-media/watch-the-film.

You can just click on any language, and you can watch the whole film online. However, my bandwidth is not fast enough to support the whole 2 hour film and therefore buffers, even in non HD mode. I would like to download it for offline use so I can watch it. Here are my problems.

1) I don't know how to capture the RTMP url
    2) Even if I did capture the URL, how would I download it?
    3) The firefox addons DownloadHelper and DownloadThemAll! does not pick up the whole RTMP steam.

So is there any program in ubuntu that can pick up the RTMP stream, and record it? I would love to get the HD version of it too.

Beans

Re: Rip/Capture RTMP video streams

Quote Originally Posted by Souljah View Post
    Hello,

I'm really loving ubuntu but sometimes, there's no applications to do certain tasks and then I get baffled. I'm trying to rip an RTMP video stream off a website. The website is: http://www.jesusfilm.org/film-and-media/watch-the-film.

You can just click on any language, and you can watch the whole film online. However, my bandwidth is not fast enough to support the whole 2 hour film and therefore buffers, even in non HD mode. I would like to download it for offline use so I can watch it. Here are my problems.

1) I don't know how to capture the RTMP url
    2) Even if I did capture the URL, how would I download it?
    3) The firefox addons DownloadHelper and DownloadThemAll! does not pick up the whole RTMP steam.

So is there any program in ubuntu that can pick up the RTMP stream, and record it? I would love to get the HD version of it too.

We are currently re-encoding all files to Flash. DL'em when they flash convert, use a video converter to burn to DVD