Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How to setup a webcam server using webcam-server (Includes daemon script)

Beans

Re: How to setup a webcam server using webcam-server (Includes daemon script)

Hello,

I am also experiencing the same problem.
    Just one static image.
    When I want to refresh the page here is what I get in the log file:

2009-10-20 11:25:15 [/dev/video0] 192.168.1.7 connected via HTTP
    2009-10-20 11:25:15 [/dev/video0] 192.168.1.7 disconnected, 0 seconds, 18323 bytes, 17.89 Kbytes/second, 1 frames, 1.00 fps
    2009-10-20 11:25:15 [/dev/video0] 192.168.1.7 connected via HTTP
    2009-10-20 11:25:15 [/dev/video0] 192.168.1.7 disconnected, 0 seconds, 18323 bytes, 17.89 Kbytes/second, 1 frames, 1.00 fps

Any idea what I am doing wrong ?
    Thanks.

(ubuntu 9.4 , webcam_server 0.50)

Beans

I also am having this trouble where I only get one or 2 images without restarting the computer. My WebCam is a HP Deluxe Webcam.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Great tut. I was having difficulty changing the refresh rate and making the feed viewable outside my LAN until I cam across this post.

At risk of stating the obvious, make sure you port forward 8888 in your router settings if you're trying to view the feed from outside the LAN. Don't I feel stupid for not figuring this out earlier.
    01001001010011010d3str0y.th3.m4chin300010001001011 00

Beans

Having the exact same issue with the 1 or 2 frames thing as mentioned by others above. Also, when I try to use the given webpage, java platform starts up but all I get is the black "connecting, please wait."

Any ideas?

thanks.

*edit*

Using Quickcam Express (046d)
    Last edited by aminal; January 8th, 2010 at 07:57 AM.

Beans

Bump

Beans

Please help me . And sorry for my english is very bad.

Now I've follow the guide and now the 127.0.0.1:8888 work fine but when i connect with 127.0.0.1/webcam.html on the screen appear the hacktivision logo but nothing else , i've copied all files in the /var/www/ but i trust that non exec the java files.

Tank you

Beans

I got it working and was to the stage of having friends try to see it from outside my lan. I shut down the computer and powercycled the router to have everything start fresh. I then went into the router settings to confirm the port 80 was forwarded as well as 8888.

Now all I get is the black "connecting" screen. I tried copying the applet source into the index.html page before I power cycled everything, and it came up under local host, but now it is doing the same thing as well.

Any ideas?

I don't even intend to get a domain name, I was just going to memorize the public IP and use that so I can just use the camera as a cheap security camera.

Beans

Any luck dlbrando? I came to the same point you did and have not been able to get the feed from outside my LAN, Feel like i've tried everything..

Thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Thanks for this tutorial, it really helped. Only one problem though. I can't view the webcam.html remotely eg, going to http://ipaddress/webcam.html. It pops up with a java security window, I click allow, but it says "Error connecting to host". Any way to fix this? Other than that, everything works great.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I have the same problem.
    When i open the web-cam from server A and feed the applet from server A too users say it works OK. But when i open the web-cam from server B while feed it from server A the users say they see the "wait" screen.
    I, myself, haven't experienced the problem since I'm opening it locally from inside the server's A lan. There's also one user who said he can open the web-cam from both, the A and B servers and it streams OK. Someone suggested me it's a security problem and it is possible that the browsers are blocking the app and not allow them to connect outside the domain B to domain A by default. That's why users don't get any security warning.

Any ideas how to fix or walk around?

Bushman

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast