Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pioneers

Beans

pioneers

for some reason its not working on my computer. (64 bit 9.04) im trying to play against computers and as soon as i hit launch server after ive added computer players, the client window pops up then quickly goes away to nowhere. can anyone help me? is this game not suited for 64 bit?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: pioneers

Quote Originally Posted by chriszatch View Post
    for some reason its not working on my computer. (64 bit 9.04) im trying to play against computers and as soon as i hit launch server after ive added computer players, the client window pops up then quickly goes away to nowhere. can anyone help me? is this game not suited for 64 bit?
    You paid for that OS which means they offer support for it , I'd hit them up.

Beans

i was really confused what you were talking about at first... then i realized i lacked clarity. Im talking about the pioneers game that resembles settlers of catan

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by chriszatch View Post
    i was really confused what you were talking about at first... then i realized i lacked clarity. Im talking about the pioneers game that resembles settlers of catan
    Ohh! lol , My bad.

Beans
    Distro

Open the terminal and launch the application there , the terminal will provide output and you should be able to pull some information from there to further diagnose the issue.

Let's say the launch is being interrupted and the terminals last bit of output is
    /user/lib/l
    that may hint that the application is having an issue accessing a dependency library. Or it may provide an error such as
    cannot access such and such
    that may be a permission issue.
    "The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice."
    -Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Beans

aight, so i launched it from the terminal and it did all the same stuff as i mentioned before. but the terminal didnt say anything. to launch it in the terminal, i just typed pioneers. did i do that right?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

No, you have to put the launcher for the game in the terminal. Just open a terminal, and drag the launcher in there, and post the output here.
    I heard that somewhere, 'Ubuntu' is a word in the African language, that means 'prosperity, good-fortune, etc.' Nice job Linux

Beans

this is what it said.
    zatch@Naruto-Uzumaki:~$ '/usr/share/applications/pioneers.desktop'
    bash: /usr/share/applications/pioneers.desktop: Permission denied

so how do i fix the permissions

Try this:

Code:
    sudo chmod 666 /usr/share/applications/pioneers.desktop
    Did you install the game via a binary installer run as root? (As opposed to a deb package?) If you did, it is likely you'll have to run the game with "sudo" every time you play it. Either that, or you'll have to reinstall the game under your own user.
    "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - Leonardo da Vinci

Beans

aight. i tried that and it asked me for my password then after i entered it it brought up another command line and did nothing more. i installed pioneers through add/remove applications.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast