Thread: Cannot read old folders

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

[Solved] Cannot read old folders

Hello,

I recently formatted my girlfriends Mac OS X and partitioned the hard drive to allow her to dual boot Mac and Ubuntu 8.10 desktop edition.

Before I formatted her hard drive, I backed everything up on an external hard drive of mine (formatted by her mac and set up as a Time Machine Backups drive. Now I'm trying to put her old Documents, Music, Pictures, etc on to her new partitioned Mac. However, for some reason she is not allowed to access the folders, given the error that she is not the owner.

I'm presently working on this from my Ubuntu desktop which allows me to see her Time Machine Backups from the mac since my PC would not recognize the hard drive otherwise. Is there anything that I can do from Linux that would allow me to modify these settings so that I can give her back her files?

Thank you for any and all posts!

Magh
    Last edited by magh-87; July 17th, 2009 at 02:35 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Cannot read old folders

Any help at all that could help me modify or create other permissions would really help.. I have tried google and it hasn't helped.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Cannot read old folders

Still no google results coming up with anything. I really don't want to go to a mac forum and ask them if I don't have it.. prefer this one much more