Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need advice asap before I do something even more stupid... (disk and partitioning)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Need advice asap before I do something even more stupid... (disk and partitioning

What commands did you use to try to mount the recovered partition?

As for testdisk, my understanding is that once the partition is discovered, you have to copy its files to another specified place from the original location, one at a time.
    -merlin

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Need advice asap before I do something even more stupid... (disk and partitioning

Uuuuhm... after a bit of thinking, I've realised that I have based all this on a miscalculation from my side. I forgot to divide by 60 two times, so i got minutes and converted them to days (by dividing it by 24). It will just take a little over an half an hour to correct the disk.

I'll let the reiserFS disc tool work and just hope and pray. I think it is the partition itself that is damaged rather than the partition table. I think I damaged it when the first tree rebuild failed after the crash.

The commands I used was analyze and Deeper Search and then Write like the guide said.

I'll see if things work out now. Sorry for the trouble I caused

EDIT: oh sorry, the commands for mounting? sudo mount /dev/sdb1 /media/apa/ ... like always. Returned "operation not supported". So did nautlius when I clicked the disk there.
    Last edited by itix; June 20th, 2009 at 02:21 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Sometimes specifying the file system can help with mounting.

e.g. sudo mount -t ext3 /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1

But you probably already knew this...
    -merlin

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Actually, I didn't. If I still have problems after the reiserfsck-tool is finished, I'll try with that. Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12