Thread: Football Manager 2009 VirtualBox 3 Beta 1 - working!

Beans

Football Manager 2009 VirtualBox 3 Beta 1 - working!

Guys, the Virtualbox 3 Beta has experimental DirectX9 support. I have Football Manager 2009 running OK on Windows XP SP2 in this version.

You must download and install Virtualbox 3 Beta from here:

http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18820

Then you MUST install Guest Additions for this version, and make sure you tick the box to enable DirectX support.

I downloaded and installed the DirectX SDK from Microsoft. Run dxdiag and do the Display tests, DX 7 & 8 failed for me, but the DX 9 one worked perfectly fine.

I copied my FM folder from my Windows install, and did telephone activation, although I see no reason why Steam/the DVD version wouldn't work.

Then run fm.exe. It didn't work in windowed mode for me, and occasionally crashes out on loading. If it does crash, reboot the VM, and load again, this seems to work.

Issues are that you can't view the match in 3D, I just get a black field with the player names, the 2D view works fine however.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Football Manager 2009 VirtualBox 3 Beta 1 - working!

Interesting, would it run COD4 I wonder?

Beans

If it can't run the FM2009 3D view, then I very much doubt it'd run COD4, at least not in it's current state. Must remember that it's still a beta however, and under testing.

Who knows what may be possible in the future?

Beans

In my instalation the icon of VirtualBox didn't appear in menus so I am asking you to tell me what is the command to run this beta version.

If you don't know what am I talking about just got to the icon, right click on it and ad it to the panel. Then look at it's preferences (of the icon in panel) and tell me what the command is.

Thank you. Hardly wait to run some games.

Beans

I'm not on my Ubuntu machine at the moment, so I can't tell you for sure, although I think I had the same problem. If you right-click the Menu Bar/Button and click Edit, you may have to untick Virtualbox, and then retick it to get it to show up.