Thread: Accredited Online Degree

Beans

Accredited Online Degree

There are certain good universities which provides degree in English education degree like Ashford University, Ellis University.

but before enrolling in any one of these online universities, make sure whether its good or bad for you.

Beans

Accredited Online Degree

I have been watching creative writing shows on TV from so long which created my interest in this field. So, i have decided to opt masters degree in creative writing only. Could anybody suggest some accredited university in this domain?

Please help!
    Last edited by suzane; June 25th, 2009 at 08:27 AM.

Beans

Re: Accredited Online Degree

I'm a law/commerce student studying in a traditional university environment. I have no direct experience with online degrees but if your looking into anything like creative writing or Arts then you really don't need to go to a traditional university environment to gain the same knowledge or perspective. Personally I have been disappointed with my universities commitment to the uptake of new technology (they don't even have enough power-points in lecture theatres for everyone to use a laptop to note-take) and at least these new online degrees are committed to suiting your particular learning style.

So yeah to summarise:

1. For arts/creative writing I doubt there's anything universities know that you cant obtain in an online environment

2. It really depends on how you intend to use the knowledge you gain, if its purely for personal enlightenment (or even for independent enterprise or entrepreneurship) I can't see a problem but if your seeking a career in a mid to high tier firm you will be competing with people from traditional universities

Hope that helps,

Beans

I would agree with writing, as you can write and transmit text from anywhere. However, I don't agree with art. You won't have access to studios and all of the media, tools, hands-on experience that they offer. Consider how much it costs to outfit a metalworking shop, much less ceramics, textiles, woodworking, printmaking etc.

I don't really see how you could do much beside drawing or painting via an online course. (Or art history but I got the impression we were talking about fine art.)

I would advise looking for a local community college over an online program for fine art. They are often fairly cheap and usually offer evening courses and such for nontraditional students.

Beans

Since you are suggesting the courses I am interested in, Can you please tell about it?

Kindly let me know whether i can purely proceed for it online.

Beans

Re: Does anyone know any online English degree universities?

Yes lots of universities exists that offers online degree in English, but you have to check which one is good for you.

You can consider these universities for your reference:

Aspen University
    Baker College Online
    Boston University
    Bowling Green State University

Beans

yeah its quite simple to take creative writing degree online. One of my friend has done the same ..she used to submit her assignments online and all the study material was received online only. She was very satisfied with their procedure.. never complained for anything.

Beans

Can you please tell me one stop website where I can get all information regarding this and the list of universities that are providing the degree I’m interested in?

Quote Originally Posted by suzane View Post
    Can you please tell me one stop website where I can get all information regarding this and the list of universities that are providing the degree I’m interested in?
    It's easy to find different websites that have information on finding a writing degree. Check out this link and hopefully you'll find what you're looking for.