Thread: How to capture text from a web page, edit and print to a label printer??

Beans

Question How to capture text from a web page, edit and print to a label printer??

Firstly I would like to thank the developers of Ubuntu. I did load different versions of Linux, Redhat, SUSE and others that just had to many problems for me to handle. I am not Linux literate and this distro is so full of surprises. The only programs I use to date in the windows environment is Frontpage and an Image Water mark package. I just find Frontpage easier to us. GREAT WORK!

I somehow managed to get my Zebra lp2824 printer to work in Ubuntu and in less time then it took in XP. (I have been slowly closing Bills "Gates" for some time now)

How is it possible to capture text as in text from a web page, edit it by removing Headers, Footers, edit fonts and printing it to a label printer? The text I refer to is when I attempt to print a postage label from eBay Store manager pro, it assumes I have A4 pages with out other options. When I do print to the label printer it will print 4 labels with the Header, Footer all over the 4 labels.

What is available in Linux that can resolve this issues??
    Please keep in mind I need help documentation.

Zenon
    Last edited by zenon7; June 18th, 2009 at 01:23 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: How to capture text from a web page, edit and print to a label printer??

I guess you could do a number of things. One is print the webpage as an image, as in a png or something, open that in an image editor like GIMP, and do the editing there, and crop it so it works with your label printer.

I think that would work pretty well for what you're trying to do here, but I would take the shortcut and take a screenshot of what you want to use, and directly paste that into an image editor, crop it, etc.
    If I had a bean for every post in the cafe...
    "Do you pine for the days when men were men and wrote their own device drivers?" - Linus Torvalds