Page 64 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

Beans

Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

Quote Originally Posted by asorron View Post
    Okay, I've found out another issue,
    Playing PES2010 on the bluetooth works flawlessly.
    But I just found out some sort of bug that issues playing on it as the controller as #2 and the laptop keyboard is set as player 1, the buttons dont behave well, and the controller overlaps the keyboard and sending some commands from the controller to the player 1 while playing. as in, for some reason while i use R1 on the controller, it selects one of my player and sustainly moving right.

I dont really know whats causing it, I'm gonna try two controllers at once later on today (idk if its possible, but oh well..)
    Probably you set some keyboard key to R1, that is already in use in PES.
    Try setting weird keys (accents, special chars, etc) and it should be fine

Beans

well the joypad is causing both keyboard and player 2 to move, and I saw I cant really configure it at that menu... Plus, when confinguring keys at PES 2010 settings it acts like you configure a joypad and not a keyboard, so I think it uses the raw keys inputted from it, while setting the keys works as a keyboard and configuring it out will act for both players, I dont think you can play with 2 players at the keyboard, the game wont let you, it'll ask for another player to connect.

Beans

trying to pair another remote it gives me broken pipe error message again... whats wrong with it :/

Beans

trying to pair another remote it gives me broken pipe error message again... whats wrong with it :/
    That is my error...
    I was trying to join sixpair and sixpair-kbd in the same file, it didn't work...

I'll fix this in an update soon.

Beans

I get a broken pipe error whenever I try to pair a controller (1.5 beta on Lucid). Is this related?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Pipmeister. View Post
    I get a broken pipe error whenever I try to pair a controller (1.5 beta on Lucid). Is this related?
    Yes, I should fix this soon

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I had an issue with the sixaxis and all other joysticks on my pc working as mice which I resolved by removing xserver-xorg-input-joystick.

I am not sure if it was related to QTSixA or not however, as there was one suspicious bit where the QTSixA input profile, specified the joystick as "/dev/input/js*" meaning any and all devices js(something)... however, modifying this file, deleting this file, disabling QTSixA, and various other attempts to solve the problem on that end failed to change anything.

Unfortunately, xserver-xorg-input-joystick took QTSixA with it as it's dependent...

Two questions about this: Is there a way to configure sixad by command line? (ie disable/enable accelerometers) OR Has this issue been resolved?

Also, any news on how other bluetooth devices are handled while sixad is running? Does using this driver still disable support for standard bluetooth connections?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by quequotion View Post
    I had an issue with the sixaxis and all other joysticks on my pc working as mice which I resolved by removing xserver-xorg-input-joystick.

I am not sure if it was related to QTSixA or not however, as there was one suspicious bit where the QTSixA input profile, specified the joystick as "/dev/input/js*" meaning any and all devices js(something)... however, modifying this file, deleting this file, disabling QTSixA, and various other attempts to solve the problem on that end failed to change anything.

Unfortunately, xserver-xorg-input-joystick took QTSixA with it as it's dependent...

Two questions about this: Is there a way to configure sixad by command line? (ie disable/enable accelerometers) OR Has this issue been resolved?

Also, any news on how other bluetooth devices are handled while sixad is running? Does using this driver still disable support for standard bluetooth connections?
    On Lucid, "xserver-xorg-input-joystick" is set as 'conflict' with QtSixA...
    It's only needed on previous versions.

To configure sixad/joysticks, use the QtSixA GUI

And udev takes care of new devices, disabling the regular bluetooth when a Sixaxis or Keypad is found, waiting for the connection (10 seconds), then restores normal bluetooth again

Beans

Okay, Ive got another thing for you, while connecting the controllers via either bluetooth or usb. It seems it configures it as Joystick / Joystick - 2 at the PES settings, and I suspect that theres some /dev/xxx that is being replaced by the order you connect the controllers, can you define by the leds, that when you connect either controllers, that they will have some reserved device for them at QtSixa? so when the settings wont be changed while you either connect either of the controllers

I still dont know if its a good idea because it wont happen the same way on the ps3, but I also found out that when you set the settings of the leds to "Auto" it wont give them different lights for some reason...

I dont know if its a good idea, but feel free to inspect these things and tell me what you think

Beans

Okay, Ive got another thing for you, while connecting the controllers via either bluetooth or usb. It seems it configures it as Joystick / Joystick - 2 at the PES settings, and I suspect that theres some /dev/xxx that is being replaced by the order you connect the controllers, can you define by the leds, that when you connect either controllers, that they will have some reserved device for them at QtSixa? so when the settings wont be changed while you either connect either of the controllers

I still dont know if its a good idea because it wont happen the same way on the ps3, but I also found out that when you set the settings of the leds to "Auto" it wont give them different lights for some reason...

I dont know if its a good idea, but feel free to inspect these things and tell me what you think
    On Lucid, you can set a custom led # to a specific joystick.

The Auto-LED thing doesn't work because it's not implemented yet..
    For now, it will always use LED #1

Page 64 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast