Page 106 of 109 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1082

Thread: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

Quote Originally Posted by installboi View Post
    Basically the software works fine, pairing and everything without any problem. But if I use the controller as Joystick device it only works like for five second after connecting. Then it seems to be dead.

Any hints for this problem?
    Are you using the kernel sixaxis drivers or the sixad driver?

How did you pair?
    -The only way that actually works is to connect the controllers by USB cable, then run sixpair. You cannot pair with any bluetooth utilty software; even if it says you did. This is Sony's hardware design.

Do you have xserver-xorg-input-joystick installed?
    -Remove it, because you probably don't need it anyway and it complicates things. See my post above for removal procedure.

Have you checked functionality with jstest?
    Code:
    jstest /dev/input/js0
    Note, js0 is the default name if you have no other joysticks.

Are there any known issues with your bluetooth tranciever?
    -the bluez project seems unresponsive to support requests and bug reports (in fact, there is no place for bug reports in the bluez project), but you might find out in the IRC channel or by a lot of googling

Especially you should test if the joystick is working with jstest, which will narrow down what could be wrong.
    Last edited by quequotion; February 16th, 2013 at 11:21 AM.

Beans

Question, is it possible to get a profile or something that basically emulates the xbox360 controller for the PS3 sixaxis(similar to MotionJoy) ?

Beans

So I've uninstalled QTSixA via sudo apt-get remove qtsixa. And now the controller will not work in USB mode. It would work in USB apparently when I first started using QTSixA, but after I paired a controller via Bluetooth, it seems USB SIXAXIS no longer works.

I don't like pairing my controller to my computer if the PS3 is going to be the main controller-usage device.
    Not to mention at least with USB, I could emulator an Xbox 360 controller with xboxdrv.

As it stands right now, I can only use the PS3 controller in Bluetooth mode, which I DO NOT like.

jstest-gtk screenshot
    Everything seems frozen at these values, no matter what buttons I press. The only way to "unfreeze" them is to go to Bluetooth mode.

I just want to restore my USB functionality and say goodbye to Bluetooth forever.
    Last edited by RabblerouserGT; March 7th, 2013 at 05:08 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Aoko View Post
    Question, is it possible to get a profile or something that basically emulates the xbox360 controller for the PS3 sixaxis(similar to MotionJoy) ?
    I'm interest in this me too!

Beans

I've been trying to get my sixaxis controller to connect via bluetooth for days. It's paired, when I press the PS button it shows up in the qtsixa, but eventually the lights stop blinking. I've been trying to get this to work, but I'm at a stand still. I've tried everything from different patches to reinstalling the OS altogether. Same thing every time.

Would really love some help.

Beans

I'm trying to get my PS3 controller working on my computer by any means possible (bluetooth, USB, doesn't matter). My computer doesn't seem to recognize that I have the PS3 controller plugged in via USB. When I run sixpair it tells me "No controller found on USB busses" and when I run qtsixa it can't detect that I have anything plugged in. The lights flash on the controller when it is plugged in, but it does not otherwise acknowledge anything. I've tried it in every USB port on the computer, and other USB devices seem to work fine. Any ideas? Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by pinkpuff View Post
    I'm trying to get my PS3 controller working on my computer by any means possible (bluetooth, USB, doesn't matter). My computer doesn't seem to recognize that I have the PS3 controller plugged in via USB. When I run sixpair it tells me "No controller found on USB busses" and when I run qtsixa it can't detect that I have anything plugged in. The lights flash on the controller when it is plugged in, but it does not otherwise acknowledge anything. I've tried it in every USB port on the computer, and other USB devices seem to work fine. Any ideas? Thanks.
    You have a much more serious issue then. Run "lsusb" and see if it mentions anything about Sony (with the controller plugged in, of course). If not, then you're looking at either a bad cable, a bad controller, or some kind of incompatibility that simply will not be resolved without serious tweaking, if at all.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Ranko Kohime View Post
    You have a much more serious issue then. Run "lsusb" and see if it mentions anything about Sony (with the controller plugged in, of course). If not, then you're looking at either a bad cable, a bad controller, or some kind of incompatibility that simply will not be resolved without serious tweaking, if at all.
    With some help from a friend I managed to get it working. It was a problem with the cord after all. When we tried hooking it up with a different cord, lsusb picked it up no problem and then I was able to get it set up with bluetooth without any issues. Thank you though.

Beans

Ok so the controller is working but now I'm having a somewhat different issue. The select button seems to be recognized as a mouse click, even if I uncheck the "Enable Input (mouse/keyboard)" flag in the device profile in qtsixa. Unchecking "Enable buttons" seems to work except that then it doesn't acknowledge the joystick buttons either.

Is there any way to have joystick buttons enabled but none of them be recognized as mouse clicks?

Beans

First you must pair the controller for me is much easier via command line 1.sixpair should give a message like this:
    Current Bluetooth master: 00:09:dd:50:5a:a4
    Setting master bd_addr to 00:09:dd:50:5a:a4

then enter sixad --start that is going to give this: sixad-bin[22374]: startedsixad-bin[22374]: sixad started, press the PS button now then you just have to press the ps button and wait for the controller to vibrate

Page 106 of 109 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108 ... LastLast