Page 4 of 109 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

Sorry, in step above 8, I copied info from Terminal corresponding to other actions than described in post above, including that I disconnected and reconnected DS3 for instance. Quite sure you understand this anyway, but the "correct" step 8 should be:

8. "ro@ubuntu:~$ sixa-gui
    * Stopping bluetooth [ OK ]
    * Starting bluetooth [ OK ]
    SixA modules alreay running
    * Stopping bluetooth [ OK ]
    hidd[3018]: Bluetooth HID daemonhidd[3018]: New HID device 00:21:4F:E4:5E:76 (Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Controller)
    hidd: no process killedhidd[3018]: Exit
    * Starting bluetooth [ OK ] "

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by falkTX View Post
    Can someone that has a PowerPC or PlayStation3 report if this is working or not?
    It does *NOT* work on the ps3. I am running the latest version from your repos on a clean install ubuntu 9.04. there appears to be a problem with the "Connect to PC" wizard. When normal bluetooth is running, I always get the bluetooth icon in the system tray. When the sixaxis bluetooth is running, it always goes away. Well, when i run the wizard, it goes away like normal, but, when i click 'finish' at the end of the wizard, the icon comes back, indicating that normal bluetooth has been restored. I know this because I've used to use sixaxis-gui and it's the same thing on there. It doesn't seem to work with usb either, if that makes a difference. All I did was run the connect to pc wizard and activate the firefox thing on the other tab. Although nice works, the app it self is VERY nice i love how you added the visuals to the tab. but again, doesn't work on ps3. Also, may I ask what are you doing with a Sixaxis without a PS3?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ps3mhome View Post
    Not sure I did the right things, but I proceeded as follows:

1. Executed six-gui from Terminal.
    2. Clicked the "Start SixA" button (maybe the word PC should be removed from the textbox underneath the button, given that PS3 users should go through this step).
    3. Pressed the PS button followed by Refresh. An adress appeared 00:21:4F:E4:5E:76. Pressed Finish.
    4. The same adress appeared on List of connected Sixaxis".
    5. Pressed Input Profiles tab. I want to use the DS3 as a mouse in Ubuntu. Ticked "Use Sixaxis as Mouse/Keyboard". Not sure what profile to select. Tried several, including Fake Joystick, Gnome, KDE, and a few others. Then pressed Apply. Got the respective Layout. Tried to use DS3 on basis of the layouts, but to no avail. Nothing happened to the (mouse) pointer.
    You did everything right, but just forgot one thing (which is partly my fault).
    Please try the new version (0.3.0-RC1-2 or 0.3.0-12); then, after connecting Sixaxis and closed SixA, run on terminal:
    jstest /dev/input/js0
    This will tell you if the Sixaxis is fully working or not.

Thanks for the report

Beans

Update: (0.3.0-falktx12)
    As promised, you can now select a different profile from the one set system-wide, before connecting any Sixaxis in "Start SixA Modules"
    (previous selected profile is restored when setup is finished)
    Other small fixes as well

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by andrewwg94 View Post
    It does *NOT* work on the ps3. I am running the latest version from your repos on a clean install ubuntu 9.04. there appears to be a problem with the "Connect to PC" wizard.
    I don't have a PS3 to test if this fully works or not. That's why I need you guys to reply here. Thank you

When normal bluetooth is running, I always get the bluetooth icon in the system tray. When the sixaxis bluetooth is running, it always goes away. Well, when i run the wizard, it goes away like normal, but, when i click 'finish' at the end of the wizard, the icon comes back, indicating that normal bluetooth has been restored. I know this because I've used to use sixaxis-gui and it's the same thing on there.
    That is normal, cause in order to connect the Sixaxis, the bluetooth needs to be turned off; This causes the gnome-bluetooth icon to disappear (If it wouldn't, that would be the problem)

It doesn't seem to work with usb either, if that makes a difference.
    That's weird... Are you sure you unpaired the joystick from the PS3? (ie, if all lights just blinks instead of only 1 LED on?)

All I did was run the connect to pc wizard and activate the firefox thing on the other tab. Although nice works, the app it self is VERY nice i love how you added the visuals to the tab. but again, doesn't work on ps3.
    Profile before connecting... but it's fixed now

Also, may I ask what are you doing with a Sixaxis without a PS3?
    The Sixaxis is my favourite joystick (of all that exists in the world!)
    Playing PS1 games with a PS3 wireless gamepad is the best!

Beans

Update: (0.3.0-falktx13)
    I noticed a small bug when starting SixA modules.
    So, quick-fix

Beans

Update:
    Added support for 'lpia' architecture

Not sure who uses it, but since bluez+hidd-patch compiled on it, it doesn't hurt to add support for it

Beans

Good News:

SixA will work on PS3 soon!
    But I NEED your help on this...

If you have a PS3:
    1. Load Ubuntu *IN* the PS3
    2. Open a browser in http://falktx.xtreemhost.com/, go inside outro folder and download the file bluez_4.41-special.tar.gz
    3. Extract it somewhere
    4. Open a terminal and change ("cd") to that directory
    5. Be sure to have the sources repositories enabled in Synaptic (or other package manager)
    6. Execute this in the terminal (which is "cd" to bluez package):
    Code:
    sudo apt-get build-dep bluez
    ./configure --prefix=/opt/bluez --enable-hidd
    make
    sudo make install
    cp /opt/bluez/bin/hidd $HOME/new-hidd
    sudo rm -r /opt/bluez
    7. In your home folder there will be a new file "new-hidd".
    Compress it to gz, tar or whatever
    8. Upload it here in the Ubuntu forums.

Done!
    I will then make the necessary arrangements to make SixA fully working on PS3.

See ya soon!
    Last edited by falkTX; July 3rd, 2009 at 11:53 PM.

Beans

Update: (copied from changelog)
    * Clicking on the systray icon now shows/hides main window
    * Display "You are not using an input profile" instead of "... profile is set to 'None'" in main tab

I've been searching in the web for new Sixaxis stuff to apply to my program. Some guy released a patch for the 2.6.28 Linux kernel that would (supposedly) make Sixaxis' gyro to work. I applied the patch and compiled it, but it doesn't work (dammit...).
    Also other attempts at Sixaxis special functions (LEDs, battery, etc) don't seem to exist yet (or yet not released);
    So, no cool things for now..

Beans

hi. the program recognized the controller, but no send signal when pulse/move pads/buttons

jstest and jscalibrator not works (recognized controller, but no received signal)

what is the problem? though USB still works

greetings
    Last edited by sl1pkn07; July 4th, 2009 at 12:14 PM.

Page 4 of 109 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast